What's the difference between SRX718 and SRX728?

• Members

What's the difference between SRX718 and SRX728? I mean other than the 718 being a single woofer unit while the 728 is a dual woofer unit. From what I understand, on the 728 the crossover is set up so that each woofer requires its own channel from power amp. Wouldn't that being like having 2 718 side by side?

• Members

From what I understand, on the 728 the crossover is set up so that each woofer requires its own channel from power amp. Wouldn't that being like having 2 718 side by side?

Not true, they CAN be set up that way but that's not how they ship from stock.

2 of the 718's have more cubic volume and the LF extension is a little bit lower (you have to extrapolate from the uncoupled cabinet response however.

• Members

So would I be better off with 2 SRX718 or one SRX728? Which would produce better lows and more volume?

2 of the 718's but the difference is pretty small. The tradeoffs are:

718: scalable, smaller by unit but larger by pair, slightly better LF extension, slightly heavier and more expensive by unit..

728: larger by unit but smaller by pair, heavier and more expensive by unit but lighter and less expensive compared with 2 x 718's

• Members

Both cabs sound the pretty much same, when running 2 SRX718s or 1 SRX728. However, I would pick one style and stick with it.

Choose the...

SRX718s if you plan on using Speaker on Stick rigs and/or ground stacking a single main on top.

SRX728s if you plan on running 2 main on a stack rig.

Power wise: You can't beat the used Itech amps for these. We run IT8000 with the SRX718/VRX918 speaker profiles loaded. Yes, these subs can be power hungry, but they don't need a lot of power to push them to loudness.

• Members

Choose the...

SRX718s if you plan on using Speaker on Stick rigs and/or ground stacking a single main on top.

SRX728s if you plan on running 2 main on a stack rig.

718's are ideal if youneed scalability or more of a smaller, lighter package for, say difficult load-ins. 728's are cheaper and lighter overall if larger heavier cabinets are acceptable.

• Members

I am thinking about picking up a pair of SRX718S and a pair of SRX722. Thinking about the IPR3000 for the bottoms and IPR3000 for the tops. If that is not suifficient, then I'll step it up to the IPR6000. Also thinking about a pair of SRX712M. Would the IPR3000 be sufficient for that? The'll be used for monitor duty.

• Members

I am thinking about picking up a pair of SRX718S and a pair of SRX722. Thinking about the IPR3000 for the bottoms and IPR3000 for the tops. If that is not suifficient, then I'll step it up to the IPR6000. Also thinking about a pair of SRX712M. Would the IPR3000 be sufficient for that? The'll be used for monitor duty.

Look at ~600-800 watts per driver on the subs and 600-800 watts per cabinet on the 712's (if properly highpassed).

• Members

I just used my newly acquired ITech 4000 to power 4 SRX 718's the other night. Amp puts out 2000w per channel at 4 ohms. I set my limiters to 1000w per side and had all the bass you could ever want. The venue was 300-500 size. Very impressed with the results.

You can get them through Pro Audio Mart with 1 year warranty and recent "bench testing" that includes replacing of the 50 pin ribbon cables.

I went with Aged's advice and got another pair of 712's. When I get my 6000 back it will be used for the subs. This is turning out to be a great scalable system. Plug Andy's presets into the mix and you really are rock'n.

I thought about getting a pair of the 722's but decided on the 712's. This way I can use them for monitors when only needing 2 for mains.

Archived