Has anyone used the Behringer B1800D Pro or B1500D yet?

• Members

Just wondering how they stack up compared to some other subs. For the price you can get two compared to a JBL or something of the like. I mainly DJ parties and things but would use them with my rock band as well. I have two harbinger 215s that I use as my main speakers powered by a crown xti 2000.

• Members

Sure you can get two for the price of a nice sub... but you will need 3 or 4 to match it's performance. Such a deal!!!

when you say performance are you speaking in terms of volume? i understand the quality of the sound would be worse but I'm just seeing if anyone has tried them and their opinions. behringer has a few good products that are good replacements for their more expensive counterparts so I thought it couldn't hurt to ask

• Members

I think it's really a matter of what your expectations are. When I was in my closest GC on Monday they had one on the showroom floor ready to audition. You should be able to find one in Boston somewhere.

If their weight (and it sounds like you're considering two) doesn't scare you off here's something in the Boston Craigslist you might want to check out for only $400:

http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/msg/2622799042.html

For something truly immense - in both size, weight, and sound! :D I like cruising Craigslists btw ;)

That's a great deal on that JBL sub if the drivers are OK. And you can move it back home :lol:

• Members

I use the passive b1800x and its pretty reasonable (easily beats off the other budget models i've heard like wharfedale and jbl sf). But i wouldnt buy them now.

I heard a church using one of the active ones - i think it was the 18 - and its performance was... Well you couldnt hear it in a room that was packed with 50 ppl and not especially loud. Now i dont know much about how it was set up.

My experience with behringer spkers is that they are "ok" but i was disappointed in this.

Also remember if you want to play anywhere beyond the basement, having the behringer label displayed (like on your speakers) is generally taken as a negative.

• Members

I'm really against Behringer speakers just because of personal issues with sound quality. Our old guitar player had one as a monitor in his band rooms, and it sounded like ASS compared to his old Yamaha. I also was recently at a run where the announcer was using a Behringer 1x15, and I couldn't understand a word he was saying. I realize sometimes there's EQ issues involved there, but most things you can plug in and get at least a decent sound without major tweaking. So I'd recommend saving a little and getting something better.

Archived