Need help adding extension cabinet to black star ht40

BiggRedd

• Members

I have a combo 1x12 black star ht40. I want to use the internal speaker plus add an extension cabinet 1x12. I have a 1x12 16ohm speaker cabinet ready to go. Been reading about not connecting wrong impodence. ( spell check on that last word). I see a 1x16 ohm, a 1x8ohm or 2x16 ohm with a painted line connecting them. along with an emulated out. Where do I plug the extension in to keep the internal and power the external? Do I unplug the internal speaker from the 1x16 and then plug that and the extension into the two other plugs to make them 2x16?

• Members

For future reference, here's a link to the manual: https://www.blackstaramps.com/pdf/ha...0-handbook.pdf. You would plug both speakers into the "1 x 8 OHM or 2 x 16 OHM" jacks. Scroll down to page 6 where it says "4. Speaker Outputs":

The outputs marked ‘1x8 Ohm or 2x16 Ohm’ are for the connection of either a single 8 Ohm extension cabinet or two 16 Ohm cabinets. Also, the internal loudspeaker of the HT Club 40 combo can be plugged in here if it is used with a 16 Ohm extension cabinet.

Incidentally, it's spelled "impedance." We all learn something at some point.

• 3 years later...
  • Members
On 6/20/2020 at 3:17 AM, Keryn said:

Is it possible to connect a blackstar 2 x 12 cab to the ht 40 and have the cab and amps internal speakers all running? How would that be connected? 

It depends on the impedance of the 2X12 cab. If it's 16 Ohms you'd connect the cab to one of the 16 Ohm speaker jacks and the internal speaker to the other. If it's 8 Ohms you can't do it.

Archived