American Audio line array, now even DJ's can afford a line array!

• Members

The popularity of arrays is undeniable, everybody wants one. You guys KNOW a lot of these units will be sold. I saw a website out of China that was selling straight copies of JBL VRX arrays with JBL logos. Looked just like the real thing (in the photo anyway). Don't recall the price but it was far less than real JBL. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those rigs are being used. Don't understand why copyright/patent laws are not being enforced.

• Members

... Don't understand why copyright/patent laws are not being enforced.

It is next to impossible to enforce your product rights in when being pirated out of China, or the Orient in general. Basically, if you want to have these laws enforced (as the company) you must conduct the full investigation on your own dime, often being blocked by local authorities. Only after there is a preponderance of evidence, can you get the local authorities to act. But then you run the risk of the pirators being tipped off by these same local authorities. In some cases, products will be siezed, but this is the exception, not the rule. In far few cases, someone is prosecuted. Most times, they just pack up and move operations somewhere else.

• Members

This guy seems to think it is amazing - as he says amazing about 20 times in this video BUT he also sells the system so...

In all fairness, it does sound good for a video on Youtube....

Would I buy it? Hell no. I have one American Audio producs (dual SD card player) with which I've had a few issues BUT have never been able to reach the company by email (their mailbox was always full) and could not get through by phone either. Their powered 2 way cabs are subpar, so I can't imagine this "line array" being all that great, loud OR reliable..

Al

• Members

This guy seems to think it is amazing - as he says amazing about 20 times in this video BUT he also sells the system so...

In all fairness, it does sound good for a video on Youtube....

Would I buy it? Hell no. I have one American Audio producs (dual SD card player) with which I've had a few issues BUT have never been able to reach the company by email (their mailbox was always full) and could not get through by phone either. Their powered 2 way cabs are subpar, so I can't imagine this "line array" being all that great, loud OR reliable..

Al

The speaker he's using as a Gatorade coaster pretty much sums up the credibility of the reviewer, not to mention his constant use of "Amazing" and "we're going to throw this in".

Archived