Presonus studiolive 16-4-2 users

• Members

That's correct. You can also link them into stereo pairs, but they don't all have to be. So you could have someone on IEM's in stereo taking up aux 1-2 linked in stereo and the other 4 as mono. You also have all the "fat channel" controls there too. The newest update also allows mixing effects into the monitors if you want as well as monitoring of Aux A & Aux B (which are both stereo), essentially giving you 2 more usable channels with full monitoring. I use an aux for "break music", but it can really be for anything, samples, click tracks, or if you just flat out run out of channels (it's not part of the full meter bridge readout though, but can be "seen" in the channel strip readout on top right of mixer when you select it by itself).

• Members

Thanks for the answers guys.

They have one in Music Village, or whatever that stores name on main in Bozeman is. I was looking at it not to long ago.

The Gibson place up there,where a guy named Paul works.

I was in there checking out guitars.

You might see if they still have one bud. It was set up by their little stage thing in there.

• Members

They have one in Music Village, or whatever that stores name on main in Bozeman is. I was looking at it not to long ago.

The Gibson place up there,where a guy named Paul works.

I was in there checking out guitars.

You might see if they still have one bud. It was set up by their little stage thing in there.

Yeah I was in their today. The store is called Music Villa. They have the Studiolive 24 set up for the soundroom that isn't for sale. Paul actually owns the store and is a great guy. I'm kind of on the fence about buying one. Probably wait until after the first of the year. I own 4 mixers already so I really don't need a new one.:lol:

• Members

Yeah I was in their today. The store is called Music Villa. They have the Studiolive 24 set up for the soundroom that isn't for sale. Paul actually owns the store and is a great guy. I'm kind of on the fence about buying one. Probably wait until after the first of the year. I own 4 mixers already so I really don't need a new one.
:lol:

Four mixers ? why not use one for a monitor mixer? or sell all 4 and get SL mixer?

How many monitor mixes do you need?

• Members

as well as monitoring of Aux A & Aux B (which are both stereo), essentially giving you 2 more usable channels with full monitoring. I use an aux for "break music", but it can really be for anything, samples, click tracks, or if you just flat out run out of channels (it's not part of the full meter bridge readout though, but can be "seen" in the channel strip readout on top right of mixer when you select it by itself).

I needed to use the aux in on thursday for a conga player's mic. I did have to use a transformer to convert from xlr to 1/4". 2 guitars, bass, drums, 4 separate keyboards, conga, and 5 vocalists. I didn't have enough channels, so I used the aux in as an extra.

Sorry for derailing....

• Members

Four mixers ? why not use one for a monitor mixer? or sell all 4 and get SL mixer?

How many monitor mixes do you need?

We usually only use 4 monitor mixes. I own a Soundcraft LX7ii-24, a mackie onyx 1640, Peavey fx16 and a peavey PV10. The soundcraft gets the most use but I use the PV10 for rehearsal and the mackie gets used during the summer at a guest ranch. We leave a PA system there all summer. I would trade the Onyx in on the studiolive since I have a case that will work.

• Members

just a quick question. These boards have 6 auxes. Is it possible to actually have 6 seperate monitor mixes and use the internal effects?

I have a question I haven't been able to figure out yet, so hopefully some StudioLive users can answer it for me. On the StudioLive, if you are using compression on a vocal channel, and then send that vocal channel to one of the Auxes for monitors, does the compression and all the fat channel EQ settings go along with it? I know you can add the fat channel itself to all the Auxes, but I wasn't sure about whether or not channel strip compression/EQ transfers to the monitor Auxes like it ordinarily would on an analogue board. Thanks for any help!

• Members

Prefader auxes can be "pre1" which is before the EQ/comp or "pre2" which is after the EQ/comp. Both are post Insert/HPF/Gate. This is set-able per aux in the system menu. I'd prefer if an aux could have some channels pre1 (vocals etc) and some pre2 (bass, keys) as you don't want compression on the vocals in the monitors but might on the bass and keys. You also might want EQ on the kick in the monitors. You can do that on a MixWiz if you set the internal jumpers but probably only useful if you only mix one band?

• Members

Prefader auxes can be "pre1" which is before the EQ/comp or "pre2" which is after the EQ/comp. Both are post Insert/HPF/Gate. This is set-able per aux in the system menu. I'd prefer if an aux could have some channels pre1 (vocals etc) and some pre2 (bass, keys) as you don't want compression on the vocals in the monitors but might on the bass and keys. You also might want EQ on the kick in the monitors. You can do that on a MixWiz if you set the internal jumpers but probably only useful if you only mix one band?

Great, thx for replies. I don't own one yet, but will be mixing on a SL 24 this week and wanted to make sure about the auxes.

Archived