Winter time PM

• Members

As we approach the time of year where things start to slow down, what does everybody start looking at preparing for next year? Any regular PM routines? What are you looking at? I've got some sub cabs that need fresh Duratex and a few XLR's that need attention. Also---anybody know where I can find adhesive ID tags I can place on my mics that are not easily removed? (rentals) Really don't want to use an engraver.

• Members

Also---anybody know where I can find adhesive ID tags I can place on my mics that are not easily removed? (rentals) Really don't want to use an engraver.

I started a thread on this very subject a couple months ago... over here:

http://www.soundforums.net/live/threads/2655-Recommendation-for-inventory-labels

Thanks for reminding me... as I kind-of let this matter fall through the cracks and I have it on the calendar to get-er-done over "the Holidays"... so I'd better get the labels coming. I intend to order these:

http://www.seton.com/asset-tags/most-popular/setonguard-property-id-plates-for-curved-surfaces-cs4020.html

Lemme know if you find something more suitable?

• Members

I started a thread on this very subject a couple months ago... over here:

Thanks for reminding me... as I kind-of let this matter fall through the cracks and I have it on the calendar to get-er-done over "the Holidays"... so I'd better get the labels coming. I intend to order these:

Lemme know if you find something more suitable?

Those Seton tags look high quality. Don't know if they're willing to sell me just a few dozen. The local UPS store has a nice graphics dept. I'll see what they can do since I'm fairly sure they'll do small orders. Thanks for the tip.

• Members

Maybe I should ask-------What/how do you guys mark something like a mic? Even though engraving is obviously the most permanent solution, I just can't see doing that. My main concern is a tag/mark that can't be removed and placed upon inferior gear then swapped on a rental. Cleaning the XLR ends is a good idea.,never thought about it.

• Members

Also---anybody know where I can find adhesive ID tags I can place on my mics that are not easily removed? (rentals) Really don't want to use an engraver.

These aren't as sexy as the Seton labels but are less expensive, are weatherproof plastic film and they stick quite well

http://www.nebs.com/nebsEcat/ValidatePromoServlet?mailCode=005VT&path=products/product_detail.jsp&pc=369

• Members
As we approach the time of year where things start to slow down, what does everybody start looking at preparing for next year? Any regular PM routines? What are you looking at? I've got some sub cabs that need fresh Duratex and a few XLR's that need attention. Also---anybody know where I can find adhesive ID tags I can place on my mics that are not easily removed? (rentals) Really don't want to use an engraver.

I find more available gigs in fall-spring.

• Members

For us low-lifes doing club work things never slow down, and actually start to pick up a little bit as we head into the holidays. I'm still at it 4-5 nights a week, just like I was during the summer.

Immediate maintenance that needs to be addressed before Tuesday night is my work computer, which inexplicably froze on me Saturday night.

• Members

^ Yeah it was. I'm trying to replicate what happened this morning. So far it's behaving itself perfectly.

This is one of those things I need to address. You guys stress adequate backup all the time. I have no backup for probably the most critical component in the system, and it's going to bite me big time unless I do something about it.

This morning, I'm also looking at Black Friday laptop specials at Newegg ;)

Archived