Got my distro done **pics**

• Members

I've got 3 Vintage 30 recone kits on the shelf looking for a home... if you are interested in V-30 drivers, you might find some blown ones and have them reconed. Original kits are very expensive though and if you can find a 4th driver you might have another nice (and othewise hard to afford) option.

I'm not really a V30 kind of guy. I'll keep that in mind though, in case I run into some blown V30's.

• Members

No doubt... "our" estate auctions should be entertaining.

"Do I hear a bid on this... uh... purple speaker thing... a buck? Anybody? ok... throw the old motorcycle in with it... do I hear a dollar now? Ok... throw the pile of model train stuff in... and that pile of old microphones."

I'm thinking Andy's 20 pallets of recone kits won't do as well as my 20 pallets of CAT dozer parts... might be a toss-up though pitting Andy's recone kits against my vintage video game spare parts collection (Do I hear a bid for a dollar for this NOS Scramble control surface and motherboard?).

Absolutely ROFLMAO!! Hey, I can throw in at least 20 pallets worth of sundry "valuable items." That and my tools and my motorcycle ought to bring the bid up to at least.... oh, I'd say $1.01

• Members

Pretty much true. Mark's old iron against my old tech stuff is probably close to a wash.

Resale for old pa stuff is pretty bad here. I traded a soundcraft k1 32ch. For a new American strat. What I think the board was worth is more than the guitar cost, but, 10 years from now it will probably even out. I have a good chunk of unused PA gear, a couple of old John deere's and a bunch of tools that will probably go for scrap prices when I die. The guitars amps and guns, who knows. I hope the family gets decent money for them. I am thinking of unloading some cabs to free up space. Burn the boxes and keep the drivers.

• Members

Oh, and that distro looks outstanding. With the programs stored, any chance you can manufacture those and make any money? Further, if it was a "kit" where the buyer would assemble, would that free you of any of the regulatory stuff that I am sure I am not considering?

• Members

I would most certainly buy it in "kit" form. Prices, please?

If I ever decided to sell these either fully assembled or in kit form there would need to be more design work done. I did a lot of modifications to the Middle Atlantic CH3 box to get the panels to fit the way I wanted. Designing my own box would be first. The breakers I bought new from an outfit on ebay for $5 ea. but they are much more expensive than that if I went into production. The assembly time first time around was a lot more than the market would bare so I would have to do some work in that area. The panel machining time is about 5 min. each so that is no big deal. Couple all of the above with the fact that there is a lot of people out there already doing this and it gets less desirable for me to pursue it. It was fun doing it. I still have one more in process with 10 L5-20 receps. and then I'll move on to another project. :)

• Members

Pretty much true. Mark's old iron against my old tech stuff is probably close to a wash.

Probably depends on location.

I'm thinking my old CAT parts... in this area, they're at least recognizable as being "CAT Yellow"... and anything constructed of metal and painted "CAT Yellow" has some intrinsic value in this area. On the other-hand: My boxes of Meyer and JBL recone kits... I suspect the auctioneer would size them up as being "incomplete" paper paint strainers or some such thing.

Maybe "incomplete paper paint strainers" will fetch more at a CA auction? ;)

• Members

If you do ever want to sell any of that, let me know; I know some collectors.

-Dan.

Dan: Seriously? I didn't think there was anybody left actually collecting those beasts besides my helper Cliff and myself. I have quite a few mother boards, power supplies, control surfaces, etc... that I'll never use... and Cliff probably has hundreds... he was the local repair tech back when folks were mulching those games... and he's hoarded literally cubic meters of parts.

Shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you a list of what we have. m.hellinger@audiopile.net

BTW: Check this out:

http://forums.twingalaxies.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5897

I still own the Black Knight pinball machine listed in the thread that Evan Boone set the record on at my arcade (Mr. Bill's) back in '83.

Archived