Got my distro done **pics**

• Members

nice. three questions

1. what did you use for pilot lamps and where sis you get them. my distro lacks these and i have been relatively unable to find them.

2. any issues with the legs divided like that in the rear? i dont imagine there would be i just usually see them dispersed every other one.

3 where did you get that fancy terminal block in the center?

• Members

Very nice work... CNC I presume (not hard tooling???)

Don't forget the missing screw in recept. #5

There may be an issue with some inspectors for using an orange receptacle is often associated with an isolated ground and the ground termonal and yoke are not bonded together. This was later updated to include an orange triangle but both types are in use. Double check your receptacle by testing an unterminated receptacle... there should be 0 ohms between the safety ground pin and the mounting yoke. It there is no connection, you have an IG style and must be replaced with a conventional one.

Did you make that terminal board?

• Members
nice. three questions

1. what did you use for pilot lamps and where sis you get them. my distro lacks these and i have been relatively unable to find them.

There is an electronics super store in the next town called "Fry's Electronics". They have everything in the way of lights and switches.

2. any issues with the legs divided like that in the rear? i dont imagine there would be i just usually see them dispersed every other one.

I'm not sure

3 where did you get that fancy terminal block in the center?

I have a machine shop where I manufacture my product (www.pivotlok.com) so I made them. The front and rear panels were both laid out in CAD and CNC machined. I am also making another distro with twist lock (L5-20) receptacles. It will have to wait as I now have some business in the shop.

• Members

Very nice work... CNC I presume (not hard tooling???)

Yep, the front and rear panels are CNC machined.

Don't forget the missing screw in recept. #5

That is not a missing screw. It is a tapped hole for the screw that anchors it to the G-10 board. CORRECTION! Now I see what you are talking about. My bad. Fixed. Thanks.

Double check your receptacle by testing an unterminated receptacle... there should be 0 ohms between the safety ground pin and the mounting yoke. It there is no connection, you have an IG style and must be replaced with a conventional one.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Did you make that terminal board?

There may be an issue with some inspectors for using an orange receptacle is often associated with an isolated ground and the ground termonal and yoke are not bonded together. This was later updated to include an orange triangle but both types are in use.

They are actually bright red. The photo is off a bit.

I made the buss bars and machined the board they mount to from 1/4" thk. G-10 glass/epoxy board.

• Members

Thank you all for your compliments it is much appreciated. As I said in earlier; I have to have some type of creative project going to keep me out of trouble.:)

Andy, yep, the PivotLok is mine. It was born out of the idea of the Panavise and a couple of others. I put them together and the PivotLok was the result.

• Members

FWIW, here's my last couple of week's "get-er-done" pet project (as long as we're showing off pet projects):

http://www.audiopile.net/Technical_Library/sacred_cow_sideview_12-11.JPG

It's been about 32 years of work in progress that's starting to come together... that I'm starting to feel better about... there's still some things that bother me though... nothing some more money and time won't solve I'm hoping.

• Members

Them's handlebars for somebody with a reach!
;)

Actually the handlebar swep-backs are because I didn't have enough reach @ 6'2.

I don't know what Harley (or AMF) was thinking back then.

And the 6" over factory forks are because the factory geometry front-to-back was seemingly all wrong... and I still may drop the back another 2"... I dunno.

And the change to mag wheels was because of problems I was having with loosening the spokes in the back wheel after breathing some life into the power distro.

and, and, and...

and, and, and...

I don't know...

I guess it will be right when it's right, or the auctioneer asks for a bid at the estate auction.

• Members

Awesome work! Very clean.

(as long as we're showing off pet projects)

I'm going to attempt to re-finish this poor 70's 1960B cab. Undecided whether I want to restore it to original spec or do something entirely different. Black grill, white piping, deep burgundy stain maybe? Some kinda funky paint job? I've got time to decide I guess.

web-KAM_3850.jpg

• Members

Awesome work! Very clean.

I'm going to attempt to re-finish this poor 70's 1960B cab. Undecided whether I want to restore it to original spec or do something entirely different. Black grill, white piping, deep burgundy stain maybe? Some kinda funky paint job? I've got time to decide I guess.

web-KAM_3850.jpg

I suggest that if you're past the point of reasonable return on restoring that Marshall cab... or you don't care because there's lot's of restored cabs out there, then go with something completely different.

I suggest a deep purple with white (or black) piping... and load it with Celest's.

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=purple+marshall+half+stack&hl=en&sa=X&biw=976&bih=595&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=C1pYv3Li3HL8dM:&imgrefurl=http://blackriderguitars.com/Amps.html&docid=Umrgoz-16Ipk9M&imgurl=http://home.insightbb.com/~blackriderguitars/purplemarshall1.jpg&w=454&h=618&ei=dRLcTuGPLOaziQKinsDPCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=291&vpy=111&dur=94&hovh=262&hovw=192&tx=95&ty=168&sig=102122896925988200815&page=1&tbnh=129&tbnw=106&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0

• Members

I suggest that if you're past the point of reasonable return on restoring that Marshall cab... or you don't care because there's lot's of restored cabs out there, then go with something completely different.

That's what I'm thinking, too. It's going to be loaded with reissue greenbacks.

• Members

I've got 3 Vintage 30 recone kits on the shelf looking for a home... if you are interested in V-30 drivers, you might find some blown ones and have them reconed. Original kits are very expensive though and if you can find a 4th driver you might have another nice (and othewise hard to afford) option.

• Members

That's what I'm thinking, too. It's going to be loaded with reissue greenbacks.

No doubt... "our" estate auctions should be entertaining.

"Do I hear a bid on this... uh... purple speaker thing... a buck? Anybody? ok... throw the old motorcycle in with it... do I hear a dollar now? Ok... throw the pile of model train stuff in... and that pile of old microphones."

I'm thinking Andy's 20 pallets of recone kits won't do as well as my 20 pallets of CAT dozer parts... might be a toss-up though pitting Andy's recone kits against my vintage video game spare parts collection (Do I hear a bid for a dollar for this NOS Scramble control surface and motherboard?).

Archived