Summer NAMM 2016 Official Show Report Thread

Dendy Jarrett

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I talked with the designer at length. What is cool about these effects is the preset system. The effects themselves are all ANALOG, but the knobs are digitizers. Set up your effect ,with the knobs. Hold down the button to SAVE and the effect is stored in one of 10 places. Call up one of your 10 customized effects by kicking the foot switch.

• Members
[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31761827[/ATTACH]

More of 'em! The guys who make these pedals also have a gorgeous studio out on Long Island. Note the Joe Walsh pedal...apparently he's a fan.

Wow, didn't know about these guys, but will have to check out my fellow LI'ers.

• CMS Author

I haven't attended a Summer NAMM show for several years but it looks like they're getting more interesting. The "education" track started with the Summer show due to its orientation toward the smaller dealers (who needed it), but now the Winter show has a very strong education program (the big dealers need it too, whether they know it or not).

One thing that's keeping me away from the Summer NAMM show is the cost. It costs me about as much to fly from DC to Nashville as it does to fly to Los Angeles, and there are no longer any cheap hotels within walking distance of the Nashville convention. So until I can find someone to pay for my travel, I'll continue to blow my show budget on the Winter shows.

• Members

As a final post script to the show - and before we head out for a weekend of possibly some cold brews around a camp fire -

I thought I'd share some pics of a guitar company as taken and shared with us by the good folks at Gearphoria.

This is the Bourbon Barrel Guitar Company. All guitars built out of reclaimed bourbon barrels (and they smelled great!).

Each guitar has either a place for your favorite mini-bottle, or a secret compartment with a silver flask!

fetch?filedataid=118857

fetch?filedataid=118858

fetch?filedataid=118859

fetch?filedataid=118860

And with that, we'll toast Summer NAMM 2016 a hearty goodbye and set our sights on Winter NAMM 2017

Thanks for looking.

D

Archived