Summer NAMM 2016 Official Show Report Thread

Dendy Jarrett

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mid-East Manufacturing sells all kinds of interesting ethnic and esoteric instruments - including strings for same (now I can re-string my Sarod!). Anyway, I'm not sure what this instrument is called, but I don't think any horseshoe crabs died in the manufacturing process. I love the unique look, and the fact that it's electrified.

fetch?filedataid=118747

fetch?filedataid=118748

• Members

Bring the party with Sondpex's Kool Max, a combination 40 quart cooler, Bluetooth-friendly sound system with 350 watts of power, rechargeable battery, guitar input, and mic input. Oh yes - and a USB input, SD card input, built-in FM radio, bottle opener, and cigarette lighter port. Do I need to seek psychological counseling because I think this is kinda nifty? Party on, Garth! It's Summer!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31762814[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31762815[/ATTACH]

• Members

Inspired by the dulcimer, the Seagull M4 guitars are designed to be easy and fun to play. Like all Seagull guitars, they're made in Canada. Of course, that wasn't the only guitar they showed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31762826[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31762827[/ATTACH]

• Members

Speaking of cute, CME's Xkey keyboards may look like toy keyboards but they're responsive, lightweight, and pretty high-tech. Their latest is a Bluetooth version with only 7 ms of latency - much better than expected for Bluetooth.

fetch?filedataid=118768

• Members

Once again, NAMM hosted the World's Fastest Drummer competition. Here are the contestents...

fetch?filedataid=118778

...here's what the winner gets...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31762918[/ATTACH]

Dan Laskowski, a/k/a techristian in the Harmony Central forums, working away in the extreme drumming competition.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31762919[/ATTACH]

And last I heard, he had come in second place...not too shabby!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31762920[/ATTACH]

Archived