Summer NAMM 2016 Official Show Report Thread

Dendy Jarrett

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31761707[/ATTACH]

VR meets MI - MIDI controller works with 3 different VR headsets, Windows software will be $129, and you can do gestures like hit drum sounds or pluck virtual strings. My first take was that it was kind of gimmicky, but as this field matures, I think there's some major potential.

• Members

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31761746[/ATTACH]

ROLI's controllers are starting to get some serious traction from musicians looking for more expressiveness. If they can figure out a way to get the cost down, I can't see why every keyboard player wouldn't rather use this than a traditional keyboard that's basically just a bunch of on/off switches.

• Members

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n31761814[/ATTACH]

Mod Devices - software pedals, hardware control. The hardware box runs on Linux and stores all the pedal parameters, so you can just take the box to the gig; the computer editor is just a graphic front end, and doesn't do any processing. It's like DigiTech's late, great iPB-10 that used an iPad as a graphic interface, but isn't dependent on being compatible with whatever Apple decides to do next. This picture shows the Mod Duo, which they refer to as "the most versatile stompbox in the world."

Archived