Looking for a Thinline Hollow or Very Hollow Semi

warriorpoet

• Members

Prefer MIA/ MIJ, 24.5-25" scale, 1 11/16"+ nut, 2 HB, less than 2k used.

I had a wonderful PRS Hollowbody Spruce I sold and watched get destroyed. Loved it, but that's emotional ground I'd rather not travel. Currently looking at Eastman, Vox Virage.

Wachoo got HCEG peeps? ☺

• Members

I believe it is a bit thicker than a 335 but not as thick as a 175. It has a block under the bridge and tailpiece but is mostly hollow with a solid top.

I like Yamaha guitars at any price point and the high end MIJ models are superb.

• Members

Thanks!

Three things:

1. What a beauty that is!

2. I have a prototype electric being built by Jay Duncan at DuncanAfrica with Wide Range Pickups <3

3. I really want to get super warm jazz tones with this one, but retain enough flexibility to cover other ground.

Right now, the leading contenders are Eastman T184/5/6 and the Vox Virage SC. There are some screaming second hand deals on both, but I know the collective brain trust at HCEG tends to find things I'd normally miss. :)

How's the family?

• Members

Ha! More like 4 ;)

The first time I hit "post" it only took about half of my "post"!

Peerless; I'll give them a look. Thanks!

Any hands- on time with the Renaissance? Does it sound laminate, or is it pretty resonant?

Any personal experiences with the Bird of Prey? It has a very Les Paul Signature look to it.

• Moderators

For hollows and semi hollows, only beaten by the very best, the same quality as MIJ made Gretsches.

I bought a Retromatic a few weeks ago, love it to bits.

Their dedicated jazz boxes are just plain damn good

families very good, eldest is a 15 year old Noel Gallagher, youngest has just passed his Grade 1 cello, and sitting his Grade 1 Classical guitar beginning of next academic year.

Both have fabulous voices

• Members

What attracts me to the Vox Virages is their design, solid wood, and the fact they were built in the Fuji Gen Gakki plant. Some phenomenal guitars come out of that place.

Right with you on the vintage Yamahas apart from their weight. My back hasn't gotten any better during my prolonged absence from HCEG ;)

• Members

Last guitar I got is Vox HDC-77 (Korean made model of VIrage, which is Japanese made). Wonderful, stunning guitar. Build quality faultless. Got off Craig's list for steal at $450. Another not often seen and even more overlooked is my Cort (yes, CORT) Sunset 1. TV Jones pickups, great hardware and build, their take on Gretsch Spectrasonic. If someone stole the rest of my collection but left these, I'd be okay. Take these and I will hunt down and kill you (somewhat)

0941a529270ccc42e2bf2aa2c7109695.thumb.jpg.83eb7ddce8bde8c51e63c278b1ed981d.jpg

5f5af242d19366b5dfec16bab868070a.JPG.69a983842803540551ee81990755d40d.JPG

Archived