What do you listen to recorded music on?

• Members

In this order

Factory JBL system in my Toyota playing XM

Aftermarket Sony / infinity system in my KubVan playing XM

Whatever system is connected in the shop, typically powered 15's, occasionally a full triamped conventional, again playing XM or MP3's

Denon / Paradigm system playing vinyl using Thorens/SME/Ortofon

Can't even remember when the Mac system (C-28/MC2300) was powered up to drive the Dahlquist DQ10/ sub system.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No wonder. They simply weren't designed for "Live" sound. They had to be placed in front of a wall, near corners, so the sound would reflect off the rear and side walls, and create a sense of spaciousness. The room in effect, became an integral part of the speaker. What the heck would they "reflect" off, on a stage? Curtains?.
:lol:

They were indeed 801/2 not 901/2. Still couldn't give them away.

• Members

They were indeed 801/2 not 901/2. Still couldn't give them away.

I went to Solotech again today, and noticed they had a pair of 802's in there. I didn't ask how much they're going for, but I did ask one rep about the drivers. I didn't get much of a response, because the guy was busy on a phone order, but he said they're not the same drivers as the 901. I left it at that, because I had an appointment to go to.

While I was in there though,,,, I saw a very tiny pair of active MeyerSound "junior's"? The sticker on the box said $3,999. I figured that was for a pair,,,, but no. According to the rep, that was the price "per box". SPL was supposedly 110dB, but the guy pulled that figure from memory.

• Members

Not 110dB/1W/1M. That's for sure.

IIRC, the drivers between the 802 and 902 were the same, foam edge surround, ~1 ohm VC. I looked in my parts book and they use the identical recone parts.

Just guessing but it may have had something to do with the processor that comes with them. I would imagine the HF would be boosted in the 901s given there is no dedicated HF driver and only one driver points forward. In the 802 they obviously are oriented around the other way so the highs would not be as naturally attenuated. As the 901 speakers themselves underwent a series of

Archived