Hysteria - Lexington Lab Band

maplebaby

• Members

spamming live maybe.

. Maplebaby who does give good lesson on youtube comes here and posts all these covers and nothing else. No advice, insight, conversation, other life sign. I think I've gotten a class action "thanks for your comments" a couple times. By virtue of posting these forgery covers I think there _IS_ a comparison due.

• Members

I've watched 1001gear troll maplebaby for over a year now and have reserved comment until now. I see you are listed as a Guru, and admittedly I am not super active on this site, but what I find interesting is that the Harmony Central brand is "make better music" yet all you can do is look for ways to discourage people that are trying to do just that. I'm not sure what that makes you a "guru" of. It's fine if it's not your thing... pass over the posts and engage in posts where you can contribute to the Harmony Central mission... Better yet, share some content where we can comment on your creative skills and share in the "joy" of tearing others down (actually spare us that - we have better things to do...). My favorite part of watching this go down on the Def Leppard videos is seeing your comments and then seeing Rick Savages comments on maplebabys YT channel - I'm sure you know who he is since you appear to be a DL expert. His encouragement far out weighs all the shade you throw around...

• Members

I've watched 1001gear troll maplebaby for over a year now and have reserved comment until now. I see you are listed as a Guru, and admittedly I am not super active on this site, but what I find interesting is that the Harmony Central brand is "make better music" yet all you can do is look for ways to discourage people that are trying to do just that. I'm not sure what that makes you a "guru" of. It's fine if it's not your thing... pass over the posts and engage in posts where you can contribute to the Harmony Central mission... Better yet, share some content where we can comment on your creative skills and share in the "joy" of tearing others down (actually spare us that - we have better things to do...). My favorite part of watching this go down on the Def Leppard videos is seeing your comments and then seeing Rick Savages comments on maplebabys YT channel - I'm sure you know who he is since you appear to be a DL expert. His encouragement far out weighs all the shade you throw around...

Excuse me, Troll? Are you even paying attention?

I don't discourage good music or try to impede "better music" In fact I point out ( point out because these oversights are pretty obvious) ways toward "BETTER".

Lets see...

Def Leppard.

I like the tune Hysteria. I think I even bought the CD. That and the chorus to Foolin. Woopee Oh, and the drummer is a credit to drummers. I'm not concerned with Rick Savage or any other industry affiliates.

Lab Band's channel is their domain. So what was the question?

• Members

No question 1001gear Guru... Just not going to let you go unchecked anymore... And I specifically chose the word troll because based on your history it applies perfectly... I'm excited for maplebabys next post so we can all watch you do what you do best...

• Members

6-04-16 9:32am on this thread is exihibit 1 of dozens of unconstructive trolling posts over the last year (probably more). If I had time to go back and read through them all I would... Instead I'll point out each one moving forward so we can all see what it takes to reach "guru" status.

The forum title is "promote your band", so Lexington Lab Band posting here is completely appropriate. They are NOT spamming by doing so. They are under no obligation to engage anyone in further discussion if they don't want to, although I would certainly encourage that they do. I for one appreciate their videos, and have no problem with them posting them here for those who wish to watch and comment on them.

Nor do I have a problem with 1001gear voicing his POV and opinion about their music. If you're going to post your stuff, you have to realize that not everyone is always going to like it. However, in well over thirty years as a engineer, producer and musician, I've found that it tends to be taken better if you first find something you like about the work to point out first - that tends to show that the criticism isn't intended as just an attack and isn't entirely negative in nature, which often helps people accept it a bit better.

If someone on the forums really bothers you, you can always add him/her to your ignore list, which will make their posts invisible to you unless they're quoted by someone who is not on your ignore list.

To add someone to your ignore list:

1. Go to your User Settings (it's in a drop-down menu in the upper right hand corner of the screen, under your user name)

2. Select the "Account" tab.

3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. You'll see a box that says Ignore List. Put the user name you want to block into this box and then hit the blue "Save Changes" button.

If anyone has any questions or needs any help, drop me a PM and I'll be happy to assist. :wave:

As far as the custom titles (Guru, Hall of Fame, etc.) those are just software tags that get put in based on the number of posts. It used to have a very set structure to it, and you'd go from New Member to Member to Senior Member and then eventually Hall of Fame. I don't remember which software revision changed HoF to Guru and New Member to Newbie, but as you can see, it's not nearly as structured and consistent as it once was. Those titles really don't mean anything anymore...

...in fact, if any of you would like for yours to say something different, all you have to do is ask. :) Shoot me a PM with what you'd like to have it changed to and as long as it's nothing too egregious, I'll be happy to change it for you. :wave:

• Members

Phil, this thread was moved here from Electric Guitars where it would be just spam spam. This isn't the first time either. And, there is already a clean dupe post originally posted here. And since this is a self promotion section, Vandee's comments are out of context.

• Members

Thanks for weighing in Phil. I have no intention to be disrespectful and I assure you I am only responding because of many negative remarks over the past year and will only respond in kind as it happens moving forward. Thanks for moderating a great forum.

Archived