New looper pedal - your thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks for posting this Phil.

Hi Everyone,

I have been working on this for about 2 years and am now trying to determine the interest level to see if I should take it into production. Here are some of the highlights:

• Automatically recognizes the loop you are playing so no footswitches are required to start playback
  • Can store up to 250 five minute loops in a loop library
  • Unlimited layering and undo last layer
  • Edit loop start and stop points based on note timing
  • All functions and parameters can be controlled by MIDI
  • Time a MIDI drum machine or Digitech Trio to loop playback
  • Touch screen control for ease of use
  • Easy to use firmware update utility to keep you current as new features are released

RiffBox II also offers a way to stop loop playback without the use of a footswitch if your playing matches the loops rhythm pattern. For example, you could do the following in a live performance:

1. Arm RiffBox for recording
  2. After you start playing a repeated pattern, RiffBox recognizes it and the loop starts playing back automatically (no footswitch)
  3. Play a solo or layer on the loop
  4. When you want the loop playback to stop, play on top of the loop matching the original loop rhythm pattern (no footswitch)

I think this will also appeal to bands that need some backing tracks during their performance. You can store up to 250 five minute loops and use a footswitch to move up and down through the loop memory banks during a performance. When you press a footswitch it will move up or down to the next loop after the endpoint of the current loop. You can press the footswitch twice for example, to move up two loops at the end of the current loop.

You can import existing audio into a loop memory location and use the loop editing feature to adjust the loop start and stop points. You can also use the loop playback mode called "Memory Bank Up" mode to automatically cycle through loops. For example:

• Play memory bank 10 two times
  • Play memory bank 11 one time
  • Play memory back 12 three times
  • Cycle back to memory bank 10 and repeat

Gary

• Like 1

• Members

I'm definitely interested. I prefer to control the technology rather than being a slave to it.

"I think this will also appeal to bands that need some backing tracks during their performance. You can store up to 250 five minute loops and use a footswitch to move up and down through the loop memory banks during a performance. When you press a footswitch it will move up or down to the next loop after the endpoint of the current loop. You can press the footswitch twice for example, to move up two loops at the end of the current loop."

I play in a three piece and, so far, I have been resisting the other two players who want to incorporate technology and backing tracks. I think this could be the compromise we have been looking for.