Headphones that adapt to your hearing

• Members

That's pretty cool. I suppose they will eventually include specialized profiles for people who do have hearing issues.

30 years ago I used to joke about having guitar jacks installed in your skull so you could simply plug direct to hear sound.

Today that's exactly what they are doing with many people who have complete hearing loss. Its still very primitive but I wouldn't doubt they will come up with replacement ear drums some day. Then if you get bored with the sound quality you can switch from a JBL to an Altec.

I suppose they are doing the same with the optics too. All this stuff has been in Science fiction movies and books for decades too.

Just comes down to, All that man can imagine can come true is it is really worthwhile and he makes the effort into making a dream a reality.

• Members

I've been gassing at (not for) expensive monitors and hifi speakers in general and discovered I could get a sound I liked with just the dumb graphic on my realtek chip. This is of course per asstd video demo and Sony phones. I have a Behringer digital doing nothing - makes me think I can stay under $500 pr and have spectral options to boot.

• 2 months later...
  • Members
I've been gassing at (not for) expensive monitors and hifi speakers in general and discovered I could get a sound I liked with just the dumb graphic on my realtek chip. This is of course per asstd video demo and Sony phones. I have a Behringer digital doing nothing - makes me think I can stay under $500 pr and have spectral options to boot.

I'm with you. I've been skeptical about the idea of recording with 'accurate' monitors or 'accurate' headphones for a long time now. But a lot of musicians and engineers obsess over it. My kids listen to music on their cell phones with cheap phones or buds. So do their friends.

Archived