All set up for our NYE gig!!

• Members

We played boxing day at this one venue. It's a fun place, not really our crowd. Lotsa guys from local bands that I do sound for, so they get a kick out of seeing the old man giver.

:)

Decent venue, great staff. The only problem is the stage is only 6' deep. A band I work with has a couple of boxes they bring to gigs. They jump on them and mosh etc etc. it just happens that the boxes are the right size to stick a couple monitors on, freeing up some much needed real estate.

Here's the stage. The pic was from Halloween, which we played as well.

e901975c.jpg

The owner is great and she was going to let us leave our gear there until NYE, and then we could just move it from there to the other venue. The NYE gig will be a blast. It's a wedding, 300 people attending, with the meal etc, then the after party with us will be open to the public. $2 a drink, let the good times roll!!

:thu:

We were able to get in today. The groom has a nice 16' trailer so we moved all the gear in one shot. Damn I can't wait to get my own trailer. Anyway, we all loaded in, and I got everything set up. We are actually going to have a practice friday evening

So here's the place, my favorite venue...

A nice 24x12 stage...

fea0b84c.jpg

I like to run a clean playing field when possible. Everything is mic'd. 4 - SM58's across the front, SM57's on the guitars, bass and keys are DI. Drums are mic'd as well. There's an extra DI in case someone has an acoustic, and an extra "Uncle Jimmy" mic, If someone has the undying need to make a toast or something.

a398c5b1.jpg

Drums, mic'd with e604's and an e602 II in the kick. You can see the "Uncle Jimmy" mic waiting patiently. LoL

3cfa472a.jpg

And the money shot, mission control.

:love:

2fb4f26b.jpg

Oh yeah, and those brackets in action. I didn't have time to label the second one...

5de31cd5.jpg

• Members

For the most part. I have a guy who babysits the board and will be mixing via iPad. It's nice not getting the snake up in the air, and having the board out in among all the tables.

I can handle any monitor requests from where I am (second from stage right, I play the Marshall) and he can make us sound good out front. I saved the settings from boxing day, so we will just tweak it a bit for the room. It's going to be a great gig!

• Members

I'm going to solder up the last one today. When I do sound, I provide 4 monitors, with 4 mixes. When my band plays, we use 5 monitors, with 5 mixes, so I have that one IPR in its own case, that I just bring to our gigs. So I got the FOH & main monitor racks done. I was going to do that last amp rack yesterday, but I got a call, saying we could load into the venue if we wanted, so I jumped at it. I'll do up that last plate today.

This one, & I made an extra one as well.

3bc945fd.jpg

I'll get some nicer cut out numbers to mark the channels on the front of the amps.

• Members

The FOH is a pair of Yokville U15's over a pair of LS800p's.

The monitors are 4 YX12's, and one ancient mystery wedge for the drummer, made by a Canadian company called Axe Music.

The top amp is an IPR3000, 830W @ 4 ohms/ ch?

The other 3 amps are IPR1600's, 300w @ 8ohms

• Members

Nice ..Im currently using 2 ipr1600's for monitor duty, and a cs3000 for my subs and tops..sp2 ove sp118's. Are you using the ipr3000 for just the subs or both??

Also..you have replaced the amp power cords with a neat little disconnect setup......did you make that or purchase somewhere?

• Members

The IPR3000 is for just the tops. The subs are powered. I made the mounting plates at work. They are about $8 each to buy in the USA. But I live in Canada, and they are around $30 each, off eBay, including the shipping. So I made some at work, out of some scrap metal.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2853090-What-is-the-measurement-of-a-D-hole

Here's a pic of my FOH.

Unity15 over an LS800p

cd30cdf5.jpg

• Members

How are those for wedges? Was thinking of picking some up for a rehearsal PA, those or yamaha CM12V.

By the way, is that a folding stand you bring along for the mixer case? Neat.

I really liked the wedges. They are rated at 200W, I'm powering them with 300W a piece. They sound great, and I've been using them since 2003, for everything from bluegrass to death metal, with no issues. I've only ever once blown a single horn driver, and the replacement was $45. I was able to change it out myself as well. I believe they are $215 each in Canada, so the price must be similar there. I'm going to buy a YX15 this friday to use as a bit beefier drum monitor.

Here's the workbench, I think the legs are plastic on mine. I got it at Home Depot or Rona, one of the big stores. about $50 I think. It's SO handy and folds down in 30 seconds flat!!!

HuskyX-Workhorse_Assy.gif

HuskyX-Workhorse_Folded.gif

http://benchmark.20m.com/reviews/Husky_X-horse/Husky_X-HorseReview.html

• Members

• Members

I know.
:cry:

I'm really close to buying a couple square LED color washes, after I pick up a YX25, and a Beta 91, and have one of the colorwashes on each side, tied together via DMX, then I wouldn't have to run a hideous yellow cable between the two speakers. Though, I'm thinking of grabbing 100' of black cable and whipping up a couple 50 footers for the mean time

Actually it says it will hold 750lbs!!

:eek:

http://www.homedepot.com/buy/tools-hardware-tool-storage-tool-storage-workstations-saw-horses-workbenches/husky-x-workhorse-power-tool-stand-heavy-duty-sawhorse-and-worktable-holds-750-lbs-232-in-w-x-212-in-d-x-307-in-h-175912.html

Thanks for the heads-up on this folding workbench/mixer/speaker stand. I just picked one up at Home Depot for $38. Heckuva deal and folds up just like it says. Works great!

• Members

+1 on the Husky table. Sand a 2'x4'x1/2" plywood board smooth, put a couple coats of Watco oil or polyurethane and you have a real light 8 sq ft table that takes minimal pack space and supports light or moderate weight equipment for dj or band. Use 3/4" plywood if you need to put heavier racks etc on top of the table, or put the heavier stuff on the floor. Don't put more than 750 pounds of stuff on it, regardless of plywood thickness.

Archived