10 year anni of a special NGD

kwakatak

• Members

10 years ago as of April 6th I was blown away by the generosity and support of the acoustic guitar community. On that day UPS delivered a big cardboard box that came (shout out) from Jason at Notable Guitars way out in Montana. Inside was my dream guitar, a Larrivee OM-03R along with a card signed by 22 individuals who claimed to be my fan club. I can't tell you how humbled I felt by that .I know that a bunch of the contributors are no longer hanging around these parts - and one has moved beyond this plan of existence - but I just wanted to thank you all once again.

In those 10 years I have thoroughly enjoyed this (my go-to guitar) and have used it in good times and in bad. I've recorded with it many times, modified it to fit my personal tastes and once a month plug it in and make a joyful noise with my church's praise band. It has taken it's share of bumps and drops - and even got thrown down the stairs a couple of times - but as a testament to Larrivee's quality it has weathered these mishaps well with nary a loose brace or compromised neck joint. Heck, it didn't even go out of tune. I dare say that it has added to the guitar's mojo. Though I am a pack rat by upbringing this guitar holds a special place in my heart and where other guitars may come and go, this one will never leave my possession.

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0197.jpg

Even despite this, with a little sanding, some magnets and super glue it's still going strong:

C2CCFFAD_zps1867e45f.jpg

Again, thanks to all who chipped in. I will not list any because I can't remember every one of you but to this day your many gifts to me (your friendships being the most important) have left me feeling blessed even in the worst of times. Your action has shown that there is grace in this world. Even if you don't believe, it proves to me that there is a God. Thank you.

• Members

Neil, you have always been a friend and a source of good information and friendly posts on this forum (and others).

Plus, you sing and play pretty good, too.

Music connects people from all over the world.

It's almost like magic that way.

• Members
That was before my time by about 6 months but I've always been impressed by the generosity and compassion of this bunch. Happy 10 Year Old Guitar Day.

I want to say that that general period was the high point of HCAG - the people were special, discussions were lively and interesting, the Krash Site came (and went) and the capers were special. But I had certainly not realized that it had been ten years.

Archived