This Forum Never Really Did Recover :(

Sad Darwin

• Members

If you look at the front of this site, you'll see a glitzy infozine. This forum is probably rolling off according to plan albeit maybe behind schedule. I only partially GAF. As long as my login brings up the speak your mind box, that's all I'm doing here.

• Members
I check in from time to time even when not logged in, but among other things, this forum software is just too slow and clunky. Maybe it's been answered previously, but why couldn't the format be like that of TGP, ILF, or Shortscale.org? Easy-to-navigate, simple, smooth-running forums. Why this? Was this just the cheapest design or the project of someone's ego?

Even if the format was changed to something similar to the formats I mentioned above, I think it would be difficult to get most of those people back. They all seem to have migrated to ILF or TGP (which people were already migrating to because of the Emporiums).

Sucks because this was the most entertaining guitar forum around at one time.

IIRC, it used to look exactly like the gear page forum, or the way it used to look; there's other forums that still look that way... it took me like 2 years just to be able to get back onto this site; I was locked out or something of that sort. I think Phil may have finally read my email (I'm sure he'd had hundreds, if not thousands, when this place first changed over???) I sent about not being able to log on & finally rescued me, LOL... : )

I admit as well, that it seems different from when I used to log on and just read threads about stuff for hours while tipping a beer after work... there's a lot of really cool threads on here just to read through; I wish I would've kept more bookmarked... remember the one about the guy & his awesomeness??? And he would do stuff like paint shop a batman mask on his face, etc etc? That may have been in amps, I'm not sure. LOL

• Members
I check in from time to time even when not logged in, but among other things, this forum software is just too slow and clunky. Maybe it's been answered previously, but why couldn't the format be like that of TGP, ILF, or Shortscale.org? Easy-to-navigate, simple, smooth-running forums. Why this? Was this just the cheapest design or the project of someone's ego?

Even if the format was changed to something similar to the formats I mentioned above, I think it would be difficult to get most of those people back. They all seem to have migrated to ILF or TGP (which people were already migrating to because of the Emporiums).

Sucks because this was the most entertaining guitar forum around at one time.

ILF and Shortscale use phpBB software, it's free and does the job for medium size (< 2 million threads) boards

TGP uses Xenforo software, about 37% of forums use this nowadays

HC uses vBulletin software, vBulletin is market leader with about 43%, they lost about 20% market share in the past 2 years (most migrations going to Xenforo), of all the vBulletin forums, only 1.9% of these are using vB5 version that HC is using nowadays.

Most forum software experts consider vB5 to be inadequate for medium to large boards.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I want, Dave Fox of Foxrox, Sean from Lovepedal, Robert Keeley, Marc Ahlfs of Skreddy Pedals, Brian Marshall of Subdecay, and all the other pedal builders to come back so this place will be like I remember it was back in it's heyday....

hey·day

[ˈhāˌdā]

NOUN

• (one's heyday)

the period of a person's or thing's greatest success, popularity, or vigor:
    "the paper has lost millions of readers since its heyday in 1964"

• Members

Thanks. Main differences / complaints / wish list?

I think it's the whole platform. This forum is slow to load and jumpy as the elements load.

I wish you would change to the same platform as TGP. Then you could get your forum rocking again.

• 2 years later...

Archived