New VOX Day...

steve_man

• Members

Okay, I'm a VOX/Fender fan. I've always wanted a small headphone amp, but refused to pay the $40-50 Voc charges for their headphone amps. Well, caught the Night Train version last week on the Stupid Deal of the Day for $20, and it came in today. Gotta say that I am impressed. Great tones, 2 different channels, and quite a bit of control. Wish it had a reverb, but now I'm getting greedy. :) Sounded great through my earbud headphones. Really nice to keep in my guitar case. Easy, and quiet jamming, even while my kids are asleep!

46042d9f0b048ccb5ff89c50beccf6ee.thumb.jpeg.5f41908adfec79b1ca3caba4d63df25f.jpeg

Edited by steve_man
  • Like 2

• Members

Just curious, has anyone ever tried to use one of these headphone amps as a line out to a PA system or the like? If so how do they sound? Our band uses a Jam Hub for practice & this could be a good way to avoid carrying an amp with a headphone out to or rehearsals.

BTW- I have the "big brother" version of this amp (NT15C1-CL). GC's website currently lists it at $699 but when I was at a local store last summer I saw it tagged for 399. For the $ I was impressed enough to bring it to the register.

When the sales clerk rung it up he informed me they were offering an additional 15% off on it so I happily waked out the door with it & a receipt for $339 + tax.

I don't know if there was an error in the pricing but I'm happy with the purchase...

photo_zpspu0nn71b.jpg

• Like 1

• Members

I saw that SDOTD last week but passed on it. I have a NT head and have yet to bond with it, so I figured I'd have the same result with the headphone amp. But I'm glad it turned out to be a good product. I've been looking at those plug-ins for some time now and I'm tempted, but probably have at least 3 other headphone amps kicking around. But I'll have to snag one the Vox plug-ins the next time there's a good deal on a version that temps me.

I've been getting back into my smaller Vox amps these last couple weeks. First I pulled back out my AC4TV, and then my AC4C-1 BL. I really have a hard time decided which I like best. But when I first got them, I played them a bit and then quickly pushed them aside. Now that I'm ginving them a second listen, I'm enjoying them more. They may not have much of a bottom end to them or an internal resonance, but they do create some of the coolest natural overdrive tones I've ever created. All I need is a reverb/delay pedal and I'm good to go with those amps.

To better describe the OD tone I hear, just listen to the riff in this song. [video=youtube;F8cZybR-YqI]

Since I'm into my newfound love for my little 4-watters, I'll have to go back and give my NT head another go.

• Like 1

• Members

Interesting, I did not know that. Being a Yank, I guess I'm all about Fender and Mesa but I certainly appreciate the contribution of the Brits, particularly Marshall. Nothing wrong with Vox either but I've heard they can be a bit temperamental. Sounds like Laney has addressed that issue.

Actually I've always lusted after a Vox but it was a guitar not an amp - the Teardrop that Brian Jones used to play - tonez to die for on those early records.

Edited by wankdeplank