Who makes mic holder/clips that don't pull apart!!

• Members

You know, the basic mic clip on top of every stand in the world.....who makes ones that singers can't pull apart :mad:

http://www.audiopile.net/products/Microphones/Mic%20Clips/MC-V1/MC-V1_Mic_Clip_cutsheetl.shtml

I don't get what is so complicated about taking a mic on/off of a stand, but if I get a mic clip to last more then a few shows it's a F'n mirracle!

They just pull apart and I am left with the holder/clip still with the mic and the little brass insert still stuck on the stand.

Does anyone make a 1-piece that doesnt pull apart like this?

I have tried glue, JB weld, teflon tape....you name it to hold these things together, nothing seems to work.

Any ideas??

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I lose maybe 2 clips a year over 100 shows.

I also use either genuine Shure clips or in many cases CAD factory clips. Both seem to work well. I have also used the On Stage Stands clips with good results.

I wouldn't expect anything different from Mark's clips.

I have seen this problem with consumer grade clips bought at your local music emporium, it's the basix quality thing rather than what's inherent in the design IME.

• Members

I lose maybe 2 clips a year over 100 shows.

I also use either genuine Shure clips or in many cases CAD factory clips. Both seem to work well. I have also used the On Stage Stands clips with good results.

I wouldn't expect anything different from Mark's clips.

I have seen this problem with consumer grade clips bought at your local music emporium, it's the basix quality thing rather than what's inherent in the design IME.

I went through about (4) of Marks clips in about a month...

None so far hold up to the singers I work with!

Maybe I will give the OnStage clips a try.....someone local has some..

• Members
  • Members

I've rarely had that problem, and I work with a lot of front singers. But maybe they're more mature than some. You must be working for body builders to have so many failures.

I tried the "clothesline" mic clip twice, but they both exploded/imploded right in the middle of a show.

• Members

Are you ripping out the threaded insert to the mic stand, or are you breaking the plastic that goes around the mic?

If the 1st: you're probably torquing the damn thing on there too tight. If the latter, you may want to try alligator clips like RoadRanger suggests, or the flexable rubber ones (instead of hard plastic).

PS: I can't remember the last clip I broke.

• Members

Are you ripping out the threaded insert to the mic stand, .

This....

They are not torqued to tight, it happens when the singers go to pull the mic out of the holder and they don't slide it out.

The brass insert stays attached to the mic stand....

When they pull the mic up to pop it out of the holder they generally pull the clip off with it.

• Members

Good lord. That would take He-Man strength. I don't think I could do that if I tried.

Are you sure you don't just have a really lousy batch of clips?

No....they actually pop off pretty easily, with not much effort at all....

• Members

I didn't have good luck with the couple Audiopile clips I had. One stripped at the pivot point -- Don't remember what happened with the other.

I do know I have lots and lots of clips in the bag, and they aren't in there anymore.

Archived