Adapters for my personal monitors TC Helicon VSM 200

• Members

Sorry for the bad title! Couldn't think of a better way to describe it...

I use 2 TC Helicon personal monitors for the acoustic duo, both of them on their own mic stands (they fit on top of regular Mic stands).

I am looking to clean up the set a bit and want to attach them to some sort of extension bracket connected to my speaker stands...am I making any sense?

I guess I am looking for a heavy duty c-clamp tipe of thing that I could attach a microphone to since the monitors connect to the same thread size.

Before I get asked, I don't use them on boom stands with the microphone because I found them to be top heavy, making the microphone stand very easy to tip over, and I use a straight stand for my microphone anyway.

Thanks for any help!

Rod

• Members

Whatever you use, be sure it doesn't scratch or distort the speaker stand tube or you will end up with ruined spaker stands. Also note that speaker stands come primarily in 2 sizes... 1-3/8 and 1-1/2" OD so verify what you have BEFORE buying something that may not fit.

• Members

I have the VSM300XT and the all metal construction is pretty heavy. Killer little "hot spot" type monitor. Too bad they are no longer. TC-Helicon basically said manufacturing costs went higher than the price point they needed to hit to compete with other monitors in the segment. Design and construction, they are easily the best in class.

• Members
I have the VSM300XT and the all metal construction is pretty heavy. Killer little "hot spot" type monitor. Too bad they are no longer. TC-Helicon basically said manufacturing costs went higher than the price point they needed to hit to compete with other monitors in the segment. Design and construction, they are easily the best in class.

I have the 300 as well. Killer! AMS still has some powered VSM200s.

Archived