Phil's NAMM Show Photo Thread

Phil O'Keefe

fetch?filedataid=116000

I was able to sneak into the Fender booth early along with the dealers courtesy of my good friend (and Fender Custom Shop Master Builder) Dennis Galuszka. The very first thing I spotted was this cool "exploded" Strat display.

fetch?filedataid=116001

fetch?filedataid=116002

fetch?filedataid=116003

Dennis shows off one of his creations. Apparently the deep etched wood is achieved by a lady back east who hits it with thousands of volts of electricity. I asked about the amperage and, well let's just say this falls squarely in the "do not try this at home" category.

fetch?filedataid=116004

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gibson's 2016 models seemed to be a huge hit - the booth was so busy / crowded, I had a hard time getting pictures. Fortunately I was able to squeeze in and sneak a few... the flame on the Les Paul on the left was particularly striking - and the photos just don't do it justice.

fetch?filedataid=116100

The new Firebirds are extremely tempting... lucky for me (and my wallet) that they didn't release a non-reverse model or I don't think I would have been able to restrain myself...

fetch?filedataid=116101

fetch?filedataid=116102

Gibson's other brands are also in the same general area, including Stanton...

fetch?filedataid=116103

...and KRK, who had their whole range of impressive ROKIT G3 monitors on display.

fetch?filedataid=116104

Neat microphones was also there, and I had an opportunity to hear some of their distinctive looking products. The mic cables were much beefier than I was expecting.

fetch?filedataid=116105

fetch?filedataid=116106

George Jetson called - he wants his microphones back. ;) The new Neat Widget USB microphones definitely have a retro-futuristic vibe to them.

fetch?filedataid=116107

fetch?filedataid=116108

fetch?filedataid=116109

fetch?filedataid=116110

Archived