NAMM soon ! We need a rumor thread.

bieke

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

George Benson Twin Reverb

Inspired by one of the world’s foremost jazz guitarists, George Benson, the all-tube GB Twin Reverb amp produces rich, punchy tone with smooth attack and singing sustain. Dignified looks and refined sound combine with lighter weight in this dream stage amp. Benson demands punch, power and tonality from his equipment, and this dual-channel combo delivers all three with soul to spare.

Some features:

• 12AY7 in V1 position
  • neodymium 12” 8-ohm Jensen® Tornado 12 speakers
  • solid pine cabinet
  • smoky grey vinyl covering, silver sparkle grille cloth and front panel GB badge

• Members

During last summer’s NAMM show, Fano Guitars announced their new line of Standard series guitars consisting of sub-$2000 versions of some of their most popular guitars. Even though the guitars were announced last summer, there hasn’t been any news about them since then until now, perhaps due to the numerous changes going on at Premier Builders Guild (PBG).

In advance of this year’s Winter NAMM show, Fano has added the guitars to their website, with a presumed official launch and dealer release forthcoming. Upon initial launch, the Standard series will include the JM6 and SP6 models.

With Gene Baker leaving PBG, it was unclear who would actually be building these. That question has been answered as it looks like Grover Jackson’s company GJ2 will be producing the guitars for Fano.

standard_jm6-300x170.png

• Members

Synergy will be displayed at Winter NAMM - HALL B - in the Boutique Amps Distribution booth.

SYN2 (E2) and SYN5050 (power amp) are both 100% ready and undergoing final testing before we proceed to first production.

SYN1 (E1) final prototypes are being built this week. We changed the overall look and streamlined the circuit boards. We have every confidence once these are built and tested that we can proceed to production.

SYN50 Head / Combo is almost complete. SYN25 is right behind...

8 preamps done 100% and several more in development.

• Members

Below are the tube preamps built so far (excepting the Randall KH-3 which will become a Dumble ODS in the near future). A Marshall Plexi (The Plexi preamp has since been modded with two volume controls, bright and normal, so I can now duplicate 4-Hole channel jumping), a Hiwatt DR-103 (the Hiwatt is next for the dual volume mod), a Vox AC30TB, a Matchless Chieftain, a Orange OR-120, and a Fender Deluxe.

Modules.jpg

• Members

Disk Cutter - I don't remember if I saw this here or if it was in one of the hundreds of e-mails I inviting me to looky at their stuff at the NAMM show (obviousy I didn't save it). Does anyone recall hearing about it? If so, remind me of who the maker is so I can put it on my "to do" list.

I remember the blurb inviting me (or any of you) to bring a file and they'd cut you a disk. I think it migh have used a flexible material like the old EvaTone Soundsheet. I'm pretty sure it wasn't theDRC (Desktop Record Cutter) Kictstarter project. (picture below)

drc.jpg

--

"Today's production equipment is IT-based and cannot be operated without a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be operated without a passing knowledge of audio." - John Watkinson, Resolution Magazine, October 2006

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then

Archived