How to Make $2,410,000 in the Music Business!

Anderton

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I just recently read the story about that long lost John Lennon acoustic guitar in Guitar World magazine. Fascinating story about how the guitar had been left behind at a gig in England and later turned up in the San Diego guitar shop. There was no knowledge of the guitars previous owner of course and the guy in possesion of it had bought it from a friend who'd bought it at that San Diego shop.

• Members
I just recently read the story about that long lost John Lennon acoustic guitar in Guitar World magazine. Fascinating story about how the guitar had been left behind at a gig in England and later turned up in the San Diego guitar shop. There was no knowledge of the guitars previous owner of course and the guy in possesion of it had bought it from a friend who'd bought it at that San Diego shop.

How was it discovered that it used to belong to John Lennon?

• Members

How was it discovered that it used to belong to John Lennon?

Harrison had the same model which they'd both received at the same time. It started when the owner of this guitar saw the Harrison guitar in a magazine and discovered that the serial numbers were only four numbers apart. From there he contacted some experts and through comparisons of photos/videos they narrowed it down.

The article I read appears here although perhaps not in it's entirety:

http://www.guitarworld.com/acoustic-nation-john-lennon-gibson-jumbo-sells-record-24-million-auction-extra-word/25798

Archived