Forget New Years Resolutions... What Do You Plan To Keep Doing?

Ernest Buckley

• Members

I started a workout regime in 2015 that I intend to continue in 2016.

I also started to reach out to more friends and started to collaborate more. I find that this really fuels my creativity and inspires me to go into different directions that I would normally not go into.

I also got into synths and started to learn more about the history of synthesis. I see this as a life long journey.

Basically it breaks down to keep learning, keep introducing myself to new systems of thought, living, ideas, etc...

What are some activities you started in 2015 that you intend to continue in 2016 and beyond?

• Members

Keep making music. I don't care whether people like it or not, and I want to stretch the boundaries of what I do further...some extremely basic, some extremely electronic, maybe songs with just voice and acoustic guitar. Although I often say every song in "neo-" is different, I'll keep going further in that direction.

Downsize my gear. I don't need as much as what I have.

Practice guitar more to keep my chops up. I go in spurts of activity...it takes me too long to get back up to speed with that approach.

Continue mastering, but only for a very selective list of clients.

• Members

What do I plan to keep on doing?

I guess I'm keeping on with windows7 for the time being. I have windows 10 Pro installed on a drive in order to have it free.. so that's out of the way. But I haven't gotten comfortable navigating it. I found myself googling "how to make win10 look like win7" and then figured I may as well stay on 7 since it works great. I was slow to move from xp to 7, so I guess 7 to 10 can be gradual as well. I have the win10 c drive over on the shelf for now. So for 2016.... I'm sticking with the oldies 7.

If I would practice guitar/ keyboardchops...... like Craig does ...or anyone else... it would be cool. Alas, I have a defective "practice guitar" gene. So for 2016, I'm sticking with being lazy at practicing.

I will go to Namm in three weeks or whatever. I'm not sure why I go any more. But I do and will. Maybe I died in the early 2000's and am a wandering ghost at Namm each year who doesn't know how to leave the violins and guitar straps behind and walk towards the white light.

• Members

I guess I'm keeping on with windows7 for the time being. I have windows 10 Pro installed on a drive in order to have it free.. so that's out of the way. But I haven't gotten comfortable navigating it.

Scratch that previous letter from Camp Granada. I just found out about all the classic view settings in windows 10. I'm diving back in now.

• Members

What are some activities you started in 2015 that you intend to continue in 2016 and beyond?

Take the best photos I know how and keep learning and improving, keep recording atmospheric / experimental music as The Mercury Seven and explore new textures and techniques, teach as well as I possibly can and continue growing as an educator, and enjoy life.

I am also hoping to go to Iceland this summer. I have never been there before.

• Members

I will hopefully continue to both walk and think without hindrance.

Then I will continue to develop into a more mature guitar player and composer.

I will definitely continue to hang in the SSS to be inspired and take part of the collective know-how that can be found in abundance.

Finally, I hope I will get an opportunity to find a job in the MI industry again. I miss it.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Members

I don't do resolutions, gave that up long ago, they never worked more than a month ;)

I plan on continuing to walk 4 miles a day, except on gig days, and I'll gig as much as I can because I love it. I plan on continuing to write new style 'disks' and fake 'disks' for Band-in-a-Box, improve my chops on guitar, sax, synth, and voice, learn new songs, and find other ways to improve my art. Plus I want to continue traveling with my lover, best friend, and band mate, my wife.

I'm a lucky guy and I know it.

Insights and incites by Notes

Archived