Yamaha 311 - but which model please?

kr236rk

• Members

Hi, picked this up second hand, many moons ago. Listed as a Pacifica 311 on the bay. Turns out the Mike Stern 'MS' Yamaha guitar looks very similar to this one, only with Mike's identification on it. This 311 doesn't even have "311" written on it, so I was wondering if someone could kindly identify which model of the 311 this is please?

Pictures below from internet

Thanks.

• Members

According to Wikipidia....

"The entry level version of this Mike Stern signature model Pacifica is the PAC311MS. Both are Telecaster-style guitars similar in shape, but in the case of the PAC311MS controls are slanted rather than on a chrome plate parallel to the strings and the M stands for Maple (neck) and the S for Singlecut as there also was a PAC311S with a rosewood neck. While the production of the 311MS and 311S lasted only a couple of years at the beginning of the nineties, the 1511MS has remained in production. "

When in doubt, google the hell out of it!

• Members

Thanks, so my PAC311MS is quite a rarity by the sound of it - could find very few pictures of it on the net? I have it set up for slide but am itching to get it re-set up for standard tuning playing - the configured pickups are great :)

• 1 year later...

Archived