Amp to sub match?

• Members

Subs 2- Yorkville LS808 need a approiate matching amp.

No DSP type of amp since already have DRPA.

Perfer light weight looking at Peavey IPR and QSC but not sure which amp ?

Also need to know RMS of the LS808

Thanks

• Members

They seem to be 700wrms? PLX3602 or older PLX3402 or Crown XTi4000. Cheap solution would be a used RMX1450 bridged.

Doubt I would want this particular guy to be bridging a RMX1450 since he still wet behind the ears.

Reason I ask what the RMS was because the old specs had them at 500w RMS IIRC and now they jumped up to 700w RMS.

Kind like my NX35's over night magically increased power handling and gained more SPL with a magic maple leaf LOL

I love Yorkies but still just wanna make sure I tell the guy use the RMS rating since he still learning.

• Members

I wouldn't go beyond 700 watts with a wet behind the ears type. No way.

My thoughts exaclty. He does have a DRPA so he can go to the DBX forum and hit up Gadget I know he would know the tuning and limiter setting for those subs. :thu:

• Members
Doubt I would want this particular guy to be bridging a RMX1450 since he still wet behind the ears.

Ain't that hard :) .

Reason I ask what the RMS was because the old specs had them at 500w RMS IIRC and now they jumped up to 700w RMS.

... and I saw it listed as 800 on some sites :freak: . Anybody know the voice coil diameter?

• Members

OP, et al, for the moment, Yorkville's web page says the cab in question is 8 ohms and 700W continuous (700w cont / 1400w prograsm / 2800w peak). Nothing in the IPR series that you can actually buy right now is in this power range in stereo mode. The PLX3402 would be nearly ideal.

Archived