Multi-LFO phasers/vibes or multi-effects pedals?

arcadesonfire

• Members

My Phaseur Fleur was last in an unfortunate rehearsal-room mix-up a few months ago. Damn thieves.... Anyway, the thing I loved about it most was that it had two LFOs that added to each other. Say one was set to wide depth and slow speed and the other to narrow and fast, you'd hear this fluttering vibe going up and down. I LOVED it! But 4ms isn't writing back to me. Grr.

So i'm looking for a replacement. I don't have any mod pedals right now except for the modulation on my TimeFactor. Though I use that mod liberally, I need something real. What vibe or multi-effects pedals do you know of that offer LFOs that add to or control the main speed LFO? I know the Eventide offers a speed-controlling LFO, but their sound clips really aren't convincing me. The Strymon Mobius sounds outstanding! But it's barely got any wave-shaping options.

Why can't we treat our guitar effects more like synth stuff??

• Members

Sounds like the pedal did a leslie imitation where you'd have the horn and woofer rotate at different speeds. I like that sound myself.

They make a few that are pretty good and you can ramp the speeds up and down like and actual revolving motor would.

My old Mestro Phasor would do that. They are a bit hard to come buy these days and aren't exactly small either.

Boss makes a good one. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/RT20?adpos=1o4&creative=55282323841&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CKu8j76v4MgCFYRDaQod7oQIlA

Haven't tried it but Hammond makes a stereo version now. Even has the different cab types. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1134146&gclid=CLLdt_Gv4MgCFQiQaQodVzUFLA&is=REG&Q=&A=details

I rehoused a Danelectro Rocky Road so it has larger pedal buttons. It actually does a pretty good job considering its such a cheap pedal. Its input knob gains up to mimic a driven Leslie tube amp. I usually run it clean and use my other drive pedals but have used it to make an electronic keyboard sound mean.

Theres several others out there too. I haven't looked to see which ones have truly independent speeds for the two LFO's. I have a couple of different choruses I can use at the same time to get a similar effect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks for the suggestions wrgkmc, but what I had in mind was two different mathematical waves added together to make a new one--still affecting just one full-band signal. .... Ha, I shoulda just said "two phasers in a row." I just realized that right now. The pedal i had was akin to two phasers in a row, with independent speed/depth settings but everything else set the same.

Archived