Bob Heils sound book

• Members

If it's the Bob Heil sound book I'm thinking of... I have a copy of that book. I seem to recall last pulling it off the book shelf maybe 20+ years ago. I bought it out of a used book store possibly 30 years ago. I'd guess the copyright date is probably in the late '70's to early '80's. It's been quite awhile since I read it... but as I recall there was a lot of good info in the book... mostly written in a fairly down-to-earth manner... but some or much of the info that's relative to specific gear is fairly dated by now.

• Members

I had a copy for years and loaned it to a local guy that wanted to know more about SR. That's the last I saw of it and I often wish I had it back 'cause it was fun reading about the early days of sound by a sound pioneer. Like W.M. Hellinger said it's written in terms even a newcomer can appreciate and benefit from.

• Members

I've got a copy around here somewhere. It's worth reading and covers a ton of basic concepts. A more thorough book is of course the Yamaha Sound Reinforcement handbook. Both books lean heavily on the basics, but do not cover material like console automation, digital, etc. But the basics are more important, anyway.

Archived