Speaker Parts available (advanced builders only)

• Members

This is a courtesy post for the regular forumites...

I was going through a pallet of older projects, some of which got canceled mid-development due to the economy and the respective companies getting cold feet. I have an interesting mix of big pro drivers and a few horns available, 6 x 2" exit drivers, maybe a dozen 1" exit drivers, some 18", 15", a few 12" and a bunch of 10" drivers, the bigger ones have some 3" and 4" VC's, the 10's have mostly 1.5 % 2" VC's. Some of it is labeled with OEM part numbers or identifiers as vendor and part number had not been assigned, though it may be obvious by looking at it. I will help with suitable parameters, no passive crossovers available (but this kind of stuff really benefits from active x-overs anyway). I only want to deal with the more advanced folks (or at least those who act more advanced/mature) on this stuff, I don't need to deal with folks who want to argue that the drivers need 5000 watts to sound good... that always ends poorly.

Note that the 2" exit drivers are 3" and 4" VC's, the 1" exit drivers are mostly 2" VC's

If anybody is interested in building a (real pro level) drum monitor (I have limited parts for building matching FOH cabinets) or have the need for a one-off box for a special project I am highly motivated to make these things go away. I am freekin' swimming in speaker parts. Really, I have so many parts that they are best described as by the ton.

Also, anybody need some factory British Celestion V-30 recone kits. I have some left over from some work I did for George Lynch and I'll never use them. I also have some original Ampeg SVT recone kits in 32 ohm VC plus a bunch in 8 & 16 ohm that I will never use.

Giving the regulars here a chance for a screaming deal before anybody else. PM me for info.

• Members

Whats the chance of getting the parts to do a 2-12 FOH main w/horn,and the plans to build it RIGHT???

I have some brand new Neo 12" drivers that would go well with the 22XT HF drivers on the PH240 horns (still a current part), biamped that would sound quite nice. I also have a pair of JBL 2425's on 40 x ~70 degree (real Mark Wayne era) Harbinger horns, that would also make a killer box. All of it's possible.

• Members

I'd be interested if you have any horns suitable for B&C DE500 drivers in compact 12" two-way enclosures. I already have the drivers (four of them).

I just picked up four B&C 12NDL76s for $600 for this project. I'm going to get sick if you have similar neo 12's for less.

• Members

you've peaked my interest, mostly in large eighteens and 2 exit comp drivers. i'm now local, well, about two hours away i'm guessing, and would deem it an honor to come pick some stuff up and meet you in person. is that possible?

Certainly, but those who have come up to the shop have rarely left empty handed. In fact they usually leave with more than they anticipate ;)

• Members

I'm looking for 4 18" drivers to put in my recently acquired Yorkville SW-800's.

Originally, the SW-800 used RCF drivers but from the part number info thatI have they later switched to the Eminence driver with the same motor and metalwork that I have here. Let me investigate and see if this driver is close enough to the factory parameters to work properly. IIRC, that's a tapered port (they call it horn loaded port but that's a bit of a misnomer as there is no horn loading going on at those frequencies as it's WAY too small. I have 6 of these drivers in stock BTW.

Do you have the original drivers? Perhaps they can be reconed, I have done plenty of them (both RCF and Eminence).

• Members

I'd be interested if you have any horns suitable for B&C DE500 drivers in compact 12" two-way enclosures. I already have the drivers (four of them).

I would use the P-Audio horn (I only have one and it's threaded) for this application because you don't need the additional sensitivity and lower cutoff frequency of a larger horn. For better pattern control, RCF had a killer compact 1" bolt on compact horn too.

I just picked up four B&C 12NDL76s for $600 for this project. I'm going to get sick if you have similar neo 12's for less.

Good driver, you got a killer deal if you consider what has happened to Neo.

• Members

I would use the P-Audio horn (I only have one and it's threaded) for this application because you don't need the additional sensitivity and lower cutoff frequency of a larger horn. For better pattern control, RCF had a killer compact 1" bolt on compact horn too.

I actually am considering the RCF H100. Is this the one you mean?

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=294-802

But I'm also intrigued by these - which seem to be a Nexo copy:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&Partnumber=292-2576

Cabs will be mains and short throw for smaller rooms. I only need two but as long as I'm at it :D Anyway I'll use all four outdoors if they work out OK. Spread is important, but not upwards (one room I work regularly has a highly reflective ceiling) which is why the Pyles are getting my attention.

That and the price. What do you think?

Good driver, you got a killer deal if you consider what has happened to Neo.

Yeah I couldn't pass them up. A pro had them for sale in the classifieds of another forum. He tried them out as a mid driver in some three-ways and didn't like them for some reason.

• Members

I was thinking the H101 but the H100 is fine too.

Checking them out now. They're the same price. The H101 is a bit smaller and cast aluminum, but it only adds 1/2 pound. Any preference AH?

Edit: Oh yeah - and I take it that you're not impressed by those Pyles...

• Members

Originally, the SW-800 used RCF drivers but from the part number info thatI have they later switched to the Eminence driver with the same motor and metalwork that I have here. Let me investigate and see if this driver is close enough to the factory parameters to work properly. IIRC, that's a tapered port (they call it horn loaded port but that's a bit of a misnomer as there is no horn loading going on at those frequencies as it's WAY too small. I have 6 of these drivers in stock BTW.

Do you have the original drivers? Perhaps they can be reconed, I have done plenty of them (both RCF and Eminence).

No I don't. the 2 that I have in my possession have JBL 2240H's in them, and as you said, they won't work properly in those boxes.

• Members

No I don't. the 2 that I have in my possession have JBL 2240H's in them, and as you said, they won't work properly in those boxes.

Ok, yes I don't think the 2240's would be a good choice and certainly not very rugged for that application.

Archived