Butterfly type mic clips

• Members

1st off the EV mic clips are worth it, most of those ev mics really need the clips at all time. Sux but true.

There are some smaller mic clips you could get away with. Audix mics have a slightly smaller diameter and their clips might work ok. There are some on-stage clips that may work. Best bet though is to bite the bullet and buy the actual ev ones.

• Members

1st off the EV mic clips are worth it, most of those ev mics really need the clips at all time. Sux but true.

There are some smaller mic clips you could get away with. Audix mics have a slightly smaller diameter and their clips might work ok. There are some on-stage clips that may work.
Best bet though is to bite the bullet and buy the actual ev ones.

Yeah... isn't that usually the way it works out. :thu:

• Members

I don't like those either , every butterfly mic clip i have ever had on my stands , the person useing the mic didnt know how to put the mic in them. if it didn't have the standard mic clip that comes with a mic they were totally lost. and too, the mic didnt have a tight enough fit in it to satisfy my needs.

• Members

I'm in agreement. If you want to drop your nice mic onto the hard deck, put it into a butterfly clip.

There are a number of companies that make flexible rubber clips that will fit SDC and smaller tubular body mics. On stage stands may make some, I believe Peavey & Hosa makes some as well. FWIW the older Peavey clips had no friction adjustment screw so once they got loose......They may have fixed this by now. This is something to look for in a generic clip.

Archived