Have $25-27 million you don't know what to do with?

If so, you might want to consider buying the former Power Station / current Avatar studios in Manhattan. Nice place, and I wouldn't mind having it (and I REALLY hope it stays open and remains a recording studio after the sale...) but it's a bit more than I can afford... ;)

http://www.prosoundnetwork.com/article/nyc%E2%80%99s-avatar-studios-up-for-sale/19995

• Members

I contacted them around 4 years ago, asking about booking. It said on their site that they offered discounted pricing for sessions starting at midnight… they never called me back. Amazing. Now they`re looking to close up shop…. makes you wonder…

If people actually called people back, they may actually stay in business….

• Members

Abbey Road was up for sale about 5 years I believe .It was sell for some un-godly amount of money and the British government stepped and put the building on the historic land mark register.

I personally feel it was important save in many ways. I don't think it ever sold.

I followed that very closely. No, EMI didn't sell it, and it's now protected, so any significant changes to it have to be approved. I think that was a great thing for the British government to do. There's a few US studios that I think deserve similar historical recognition and protection - not all of them, but definitely a few.