Acoustic EQ

• Members

I know the general is everyone's ears are different and there is no set eq for anything. But as a basic line, what is best to keep in/take out of the mix on an acoustic guitar to make it sound as close to what you play with no electronics?

• Members

Personally, before I set up a system for an accoustic act, I spend some time with some reference material that I am very familiar with in my reference room. I calibrate myself.

I don't get the chance to do it often (most of my clients are hard rock or heavy metal). But I love working with accoustic artists. I wish I could do that more often.

• Members

Personally, before I set up a system for an accoustic act, I spend some time with some reference material that I am very familiar with in my reference room. I calibrate myself.

I don't get the chance to do it often (most of my clients are hard rock or heavy metal). But I love working with accoustic artists. I wish I could do that more often.

I cut my teeth on top tier acoustic acts, I still do quite a few. Nothing better than making a guitar sound like... a guitar ;)

• Members

Gibsons, like true Martins, have a distinct ring to them. It is gorgeous, but you do have to be careful of the high end. Adding low mids to balance them will help, and cut a bit of upper mids. The scoop they seem to like reminds me of an electric through a Mesa set for stun. A distinct curve if I remember correctly. I have a Parker acoustic that likes a similar setting.

Archived