Please suggest an alternative to Craig's Quadrafuzz

• Members

Cubase 8 has a Quadrafuzz 2.0, but it works only with Cubase. I'd recommend iZotope Trash as a more general-purpose solution. I still use the 32-bit version with 64-bit SONAR, but I have a version that's just the DLL. As I'm sure you've found out, the installer doesn't work with anything much past XP.

You can also roll your own...don't have time to get into it further right now, but I will.

• Members

The 64-bit version of Studio One works only with 64-bit plug-ins. I use SONAR, which has bitbridge built-in...it provides bridging technology to allow 64-bit systems to see 32-bit plug-ins. There are two bridging technologies that work for Windows and Mac, bitbridge and jbridge. Do a search on them for the latest details on availability etc.

That said, bridging is a kluge; it kind of has to be. You might want to invest in iZotope Trash 2. Besides, iZotope deserves props for calling me and asking if it was okay to base their design around the Quadrafuzz. They had no moral or legal obligation to do so, given that the design had been dedicated to the public. Similar props to Steinberg when they did the original Quadrafuzz.

Archived