Derek Trucks

onelife

• Members

Derek Trucks' name came up in another thread about pickups.

Rather than derail that thread, I thought I'd start a separate appreciation thread just for Derek.

This is one of my favourites - even if it's just for the sound of his guitar...

• Members

What glorious tone. Wonder what he's playing that LP through. Absolutely love the sound of that flute offsetting the guitar as well. Something that's not done enough nowadays IMO. I'm off to hunt down my Derek Trucks CDs.

Think he's doing something with his wife these days (Susan Tedeschi).

• Members

He does have a signature SG named after him. His is likely a vintage 60's version. I actually owned one exactly like this in 1970. The neck was incredibly fat on it however, like a 12 string. I believe it was 25.5" scale too. I had a hard time switching from an Epiphone Riviera to the SG. I traded the Epiphone for it then switched back a year or so later.

SGDTVECH1_MAIN_HERO_01.jpg

• Members
What glorious tone. Wonder what he's playing that LP through. Absolutely love the sound of that flute offsetting the guitar as well. Something that's not done enough nowadays IMO. I'm off to hunt down my Derek Trucks CDs.

Think he's doing something with his wife these days (Susan Tedeschi).

Yeah, they (Tedeschi Trucks Band) are a tremendous outfit. Her audacious voice and his guitar virtuosity -- along with a rock solid backing band, composed mostly of Derek's old band members IIRC -- are a very potent blues/rock combination. I had tickets to see them last month but frickin' work interfered. [grumble]

Archived