feedback rejection mic recommendations, and OM5 question

• Members

hi there, I no longer have problems with feedback in my studio after getting an Audix OM5, awesome mic. I'm hoping to get another mic with similar/superior feedback rejection properties like the OM5 at same, or lower price. Can you guys recommend some ? Apparently OM5 has "30db rejection" , whatever that means.

and what instruments can I record other than vocals with the OM5 ?

any help greatly appreciated

• Members

hi there, I no longer have problems with feedback in my studio after getting an Audix OM5, awesome mic. I'm hoping to get another mic with similar/superior feedback rejection properties like the OM5 at same, or lower price. Can you guys recommend some ? Apparently OM5 has "30db rejection" , whatever that means.

Why are you having feedback issues in a studio setting?

• Members

1. Electrovoice N/D967

2. Audix OM7

Both of these mics have far more feedback rejection then the OM5

• Members

Not sure what you're looking to record with the OM5 but, because of the feedback rejection properties, it's more of a live vocal mic than anything else. That's not to say you can't or shouldn't use it for other things, but if you're looking for a general purpose studio mic, I don't think you'll find it on anyone's list (nor the OM7 which is even more extreme).

• Members

timmyP thanks , 767a is widely available on ebay for cheaps. are you saying it has equal or superior feedback rejection to the OM5 ?

It's been a long time since I owned OM5s, which I never much liked. It took more work to get them stable, but then again I'm a bit more adept now than I was then. I still use OM7s. I have three 767a (formerly four), but I always go back to the OM7, so I'm selling the EVs.

Archived