Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rickhin

Guitar tuning apps...

Recommended Posts

I use an app from Peterson called iStroboSoft. It's basically a Peterson strobe tuner in app form. I have it on both my iPad and my iPhone, so if someone needs to tune while we're working in the studio, I just hand them one or the other and away we go. I like it because I can teach someone how to use it in just a few seconds, and it's very accurate. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

I use an app from Peterson called iStroboSoft. It's basically a Peterson strobe tuner in app form. I have it on both my iPad and my iPhone, so if someone needs to tune while we're working in the studio, I just hand them one or the other and away we go. I like it because I can teach someone how to use it in just a few seconds, and it's very accurate. 

 

Do they have it for Android?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SteinbergerHack said:

Do they have it for Android?

Yes they do. 

https://www.petersontuners.com/products/istrobosoft/

Regardless of OS, it's ten bucks. IMHO, it's money well spent. :philthumb: 

They also make a strobe clip-on tuner too. 

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/StroboClipHD--peterson-stroboclip-hd-clip-on-strobetuner-high-definition

I also have one of Peterson's now-discontinued VS-II hardware strobe tuners. I really like their tuners - especially their ease of use and their accuracy. They're very good for intonating your instruments too. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there an decent app that  doesn’t require plugging anything into the phone ?

Fender has a free app if it’s good 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 3:41 PM, gardo said:

Is there an decent app that  doesn’t require plugging anything into the phone ?

 

The iStrobostomp can use the phone's built-in mic. Works great for acoustic instruments, and even an electric if it's going through an amp that's at least as loud as an acoustic would be. I've even positioned the body of an unplugged electric so it's touching the phone, and was able to get it to work that way in a pinch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Phil O'Keefe said:

The iStrobostomp can use the phone's built-in mic. Works great for acoustic instruments, and even an electric if it's going through an amp that's at least as loud as an acoustic would be. I've even positioned the body of an unplugged electric so it's touching the phone, and was able to get it to work that way in a pinch. 

is it really better than the free apps ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...