TC released the Body Rez as a single pedal!

daddymack

• Members

Interesting but not sure how it would fit in as I would still need verb, maybe a boost and a looper, therefore by the time I bought them I might as well have got the play acoustic which would be less money, easier to setup and carry and have more functionality. But I guess somewhere there is someone for whom this is perfect.

• Moderators

...like me, since I already have great verb in the Fishstick...and the unit is in the mini case like the ditto....will all still fit in my pedal case [i didn't show you all that stuff when you were here...my bad]! This will, however, make me rethink some kind of board with velcro...dang...

[also just sent you a PM on a similar subject...]

• Members

It sounds interesting to me. My biggest sound irritation is that my dobro pickup sounds kind of piezo-esque and I need to turn the channel treble way down to tame the sound. If this pedal would fix that better than a tone control, it would be just the thing. I'd certainly want to try it first, though.

• Moderators

Pogo, what are you playing the Resonator into? If you are going into a PA, without a DI, then I agree you need some enhancement; even a passive DI will give you impedance matching which will make a big tonal difference, especially going into a PA channel or a powered speaker.

The Spectrum DI is a lot more than just a DI [compression, feedback suppression, EQ, pre-amp and, yes, their acoustic imaging]...but street price is over $300 new [used ~$250] [which is like a billion Canadian dollars these days...;) ]. If you already have a DI and EQ [on the PA], then the redundancy factor isn't worth it, IMHO, but, yes, I like Fishman gear...

Nothing will correct for a substandard piezo, though...my Chinese 'custom' acoustic [i use mainly for slide] sounds really terrible amplified because the piezo/preamp is a POS...but for raw slide, it is passable...with a sonic enhancement from a BodyRez...well, we will see.

• Members

I go into a PA through a DI.

I've tried a variety of pickups and mics over the 40 years I've had the Dobro. This one -- which screws onto the bolt that connects the bridge to the cone -- is the best I've used so far. The sound (you said so yourself) is pretty acceptable with some diddling, but I'm not fooled into thinking it's the actual acoustic sound. I assume that's what the doohickey is for?

• Members

Nice, especially for 99 bucks

I have been faking it for years and highly recommend this many times. It's a bit more money, like 3 times the money, but you can pick specific guitars, mics that you wouldn't take out or don't own.

I'm not big on the tuner part, but it works.

[video=youtube;58EDI7f4jrM]

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've been using the Aura since the first Aura Blender back in the mid-2000s. I'm currently using the Aura Spectrum DI, and for USTs, there's nothing better. Be prepared to do some work finding the perfect image for your guitar, however; luckily, Fishman has hundreds of images available for free download via their Gallery software app. When you find the perfect match, it's acoustic guitar heaven for live shows. I use mine for smaller gigs with both a Fish Stick and a Bose L1 system, and it works great through large PAs and loud wedges for festivals with the feedback circuit and phase switch. I do use those soundhole stoppers, and they help out a lot.

The BodyRez pedal sounds real good in the demo video; I have to wonder what it sounds like on different guitars at the same gig. I use both 6- and 12-string guitars at gigs, and I have a different Aura image for each. Plus, the Aura is a full-fledged DI with EQ, compression, and an XLR line out for interfacing with large PAs. If TC has figured out how to make BodyRez a one-size-fits-all approach that makes all UST guitars sound great, that would be really cool. And I wouldn't put it past TC...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

it has arrived, but I may have to wait to really test it, I need to do a full set up of the fishstick or PA, and no time [new amp, Vaporizer...see thread in Cool Jam], gig tonight, session tomorrow, gig Monday night...but I expect to get to it in a few days.

I think I need to sell some stuff...decisions, decisions...

UPDATE...

Had to do some 'space management' in the man cave to be able to store the Vaporizer, and so I finished a couple of amp projects today and, as part of the test process, I did a prelim test on the Body Rez with the Fender Statacoustic, [which really needs it]...and it did create that depth and resonance I was looking for...will test more next week...

• 10 months later...
  • Members

Hey Daddymack, did you ever do a review of the Bodyrez pedal and how you use it? I have it in the Past Acoustic and really like it. I was just curious if you had any more tips or eloquent words to say about it.

• Moderators

Funny, I am using it regularly now with my latest project, where I am switching between electric and acoustic, and for rehearsals, I was actually playing electric into the body rez...and it added a nice full sound to the solids and semis...amazing little pedal, makes my Epi Performer ME sound like a Gibby Jumbo...can't say enough good things about the BR, it does everything I expected, and better!

Archived