WhooHoo!!! ... Just ordered 2 PRX 618 XLF's

• Members

Well done! I really like my 612s on top of a pair 618s. I'll be interested to hear how much difference the 635s make.

I mainly do smaller venues and the 612s are doing a great job as FOH. I think they'll surprise you how good they will sound when you high pass them through the 618s.

Cheers.

• Members

Thanks to recommendations from some guys here on the forums, I went from having 1 x Mackie HD1801 + 2 Peavey PR12D's to 2 x JBL PRX615M's + 2 x JBL PRX618S-XLF's.

I am not sure if I made the right decision in getting the 15's over the 12's, but people do hire this rig without the subs a fair bit so I think the 15's were a good choice.

The subs only arrived 2 days ago and I am absolutely blown away by the quality of sound. Maybe it's because I was using a crap setup, but I am very pleased and can't thank the guys here enough who helped me.

I'm in Australia and the best price I can get is $1700 shipped EACH - Damn your american pricing!!

• Members

Thanks to recommendations from some guys here on the forums, I went from having 1 x Mackie HD1801 + 2 Peavey PR12D's to 2 x JBL PRX615M's + 2 x JBL PRX618S-XLF's.

I am not sure if I made the right decision in getting the 15's over the 12's, but people do hire this rig without the subs a fair bit so I think the 15's were a good choice.

The subs only arrived 2 days ago and I am absolutely blown away by the quality of sound. Maybe it's because I was using a crap setup, but I am very pleased and can't thank the guys here enough who helped me.

I'm in Australia and the best price I can get is $1700 shipped EACH - Damn your american pricing!!

I think that using 15" instead 12" over the XLF's will give you more punch in the mid lows which is nice and helps to fill a bigger room. The crossover on the XLF's is at 90hz which should provide plenty of pop for the 615's to carry.

I only went with 12" over tops because the majority of my gigs can be performed with that setup and I was looking for a much smaller and lighter rig than my passive system (15" 3-ways over folded horn subs).

I think you are going to be very pleased with the sound and output capability.

As for Australia prices, yea, they are sharply higher than here in the US, but then again, you get to live in Australia! I have visited a couple of times. It is a really nice place to live.

• Members

Sounds like a nice rig, congrats! Heard a lot of good things about the 635's as well.

I'd be interested to hear how the 612's do in monitor duty.

I want the 635's for tops because we mainly do acoustic light electric music. I am looking for more detail in the FOH. I have a pair of 612's and a pair of 512's. I am thinking of selling the 512's and getting another pair of 612's to have everything matched up for mons.

• Members

...but then again, you get to live in Australia! I have visited a couple of times. It is a really nice place to live.

And it contains more animals that can kill you then any other place on earth. It certainly looks pretty but I would walk around with my eyes WIDE open. ;-)

• Members

And it contains more animals that can kill you then any other place on earth. It certainly looks pretty but I would walk around with my eyes WIDE open. ;-)

LMAO, Stu, you took the words right out of my mouth. :lol::lol::lol: Go swimming, and the Great Whites or the Stingrays get you,,, wade at shore, and miniscule octopii kill you,,,not to mention the 10 deadliest snakes and spiders. I've also heard, that kangaroos are now carrying concealed weapons in their pouches. (scene from Crocodile Dundee).

That said, any country that produced a singing angel, in the form of Judith Durham (the Seekers), or a beauuuutiful song like "Waltzing Matilda", can't be all bad. ;)

• Members

LMAO, Stu, you took the words right out of my mouth.
:lol:
Go swimming, and the Great Whites or the Stingrays get you,,, wade at shore, and miniscule octopii kill you,,,not to mention the 10 deadliest snakes and spiders. I've also heard, that kangaroos are now carrying concealed weapons in their pouches. (scene from Crocodile Dundee).

D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESebV4H5JuM

You are joking aren't you...

• Members

Heath,,,,,, take a look at the "wink" icon in my post. Of course I'm joking. :poke: What I'm NOT joking about, is my comment about Judith Durham. Love that gal...whatta voice.

FYI, we Canadians also deal with stereotyping. Walk into any European travel-shop, and you'll see posters of Canada, splattered on all the walls, showing a background of the Rocky Mountains,,,, a stetson-wearing member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, mounted on his trusty steed,,,, a moose somewhere in the background,,,, tee-pees,,,and chuck-wagon racing at the Calgary Stampede, and the CN Tower, in Toronto..

FWIW, my in-laws, traveled to, and spent their winters in Oz, for a number of years. It was their favorite country on the planet.

• Members

I got the stock JBL covers. My 512's have the studioslips (
www.studioslips.com
) clamshell covers. The are definetly a superior cover but at $160.00 ea. I decided to go the other route.

Thanks. I have the JBL (by Gator) for my 615m speakers. I think that I'll end up adding a webbing and Velcro strap to the bottom so the covers don't slide off when I slide them on their sides. I ended up with Undercover F2's (full coverage) for my new 618s-XLF pair. I paid a bit more than you did, but I'm happy with the price I got for the package. Mark C.

• Members

Welcome to the club. I have been a happy owner/user of four PRX618S-XLF's for about a year now. I got the JBL covers with mine, but the Tuki covers that I got for some of my other JBL's are far superior. They have the velcro straps that Miko Man mentioned and you can even get them with a flap on the bottom to completely enclose the cab. They are all I'll buy from now on.

• Members

I use a flight case for our 612Ms but the 618S-XLFs have Tuki covers and they're worth every penny.

Like I said earlier, I used clamshell style Studioslip covers for my 512's and I don't think you can get a better soft cover anywhere. They do a first rate job and understand what a traveling musician/band needs. Plus, if you go to their website I don't think there is anyone out there that has as many models of amplifiers, cabs etc. etc. as they do in their online catalogue.

• Members

Like I said earlier, I used clamshell style Studioslip covers for my 512's and I don't think you can get a better soft cover anywhere. They do a first rate job and understand what a traveling musician/band needs. Plus, if you go to their website I don't think there is anyone out there that has as many models of amplifiers, cabs etc. etc. as they do in their online catalogue.

And yet they don't have have much in the way of EAW PA covers. It looks like 7 listings. Meanwhile cloud nine has 61 listings for EAW.

Archived