• Members

Posted: Apr-05-2012 12:58pm

WANTED: Looking for a DJ that would like to promote his/her business at the xxx Spring Blow Out on May 5th. I have a large stage area at the American Legion that is available for $30. Great opportunity for you to show yourself off to potential clients. For more info e mail Jan at xxx@xxx.xxx. Subject line: DJ for Blow Out

Does this mean the DJ has to pay $30.00? haha

• Members

So I got to reading in another section:

Posted: Apr-04-2012 09:50pm

NOTICE: xxxxx Spring Blow Out on May 5th from 9-3 at the American Legion! Lot of great vendors set up with great spring deals to shop! Vendors include: Pampered Chef, Scentsy, BeautiControl, Tastefully Simple, Body by Vi, Usborne, Tupperware, Fashionable Handbags, Eclipse Candles, C. Marie Jewelry, Juice Plus, Wild Tree, Norwex, Jamberry Nails, Mia Bella, homemade craft items and much more. 27 vendors in all. Gislason's, Ufkins, B Lenore, Legion Lanes (bowling) and many other business' will have blow out sale prices as well. Food will be served on site from 11-2...refreshments and cookies/bars/donuts served all day. Hope to see you there....

• Members

hell i would just pay the $30, setup the most bitchen light show i could rent plus a killer thumpin audio rig, all the choice tunes during sound check, get everyone super excited and happy and then when the show opens i would turn it all off and leave it all off the entire night.

if they ask why i would just say this is what you get for -$30 ya {censored}ers

• Members

hell i would just pay the $30, setup the most bitchen light show i could rent plus a killer thumpin audio rig, all the choice tunes during sound check, get everyone super excited and happy and then when the show opens i would turn it all off and leave it all off the entire night.

:idea:

But it's great exposure!!!!

:thu:

• Members

Sadly, nobody would notice or care. The event is just an indoor sidewalk sale and the promoter is making money by renting table space. 9:00 am to 3:00 pm isn't going to be prime party time, either. The other vendors will bitch and moan if you are too loud or too hip/urban/young. No thanks, I'll pass. Mark C.

• Members

I like it...

But I'd probably pay the $30 and then blast the classic N.W.A. Straight Outta Compton CD until they asked me to leave. If I'm going to pay money then I'm going to be much more than $30 worth of a nuisance as long as I can get away with it, LOL.

Or maybe some Limp Bizkit at about 125 db. I'm sure they'd be fine with this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYZoBT1AFv0

• Members

$30 for a booth at something like that is cheap, but probably useless, as it sounds like a crappy place to pitch a DJ/Karaoke service. It certainly would cost me a lot more than $30 bucks to haul out a bunch of crap and run it, so for all yalls that are trying to be $30 worth of nuisance, you should up your nuisance level to at least $300, or you're undercutting yourself ;)

You have to understand that they see the DJ as a vendor trying to make sales leads, not as someone providing entertainment.

Consider a bridal fair. If you want to do wedding related services, they can be a good event, from what I gather. They sell booths to vendors, and planners come and fill up their books w/ potential service.

I got a pitch for one this morning (my wife plays about 1 wedding a month, and I have done wedding photography) and the "only" wanted $250 for us to perform...

If we were serious about trying to make money doing this stuff and not just enjoying them as part time ventures, it might actually make sense, even though I turned them down.

• Members

The bridal show worked like a charm when my son wanted to break into the wedding reception side of DJing. I think he paid $100 for a booth and booked about 4 gigs off of it. The big plus was that he made contact with an owner of one of the local bridal shops and gets referrals from her quite often.

• Members

The bridal show worked like a charm when my son wanted to break into the wedding reception side of DJing. I think he paid $100 for a booth and booked about 4 gigs off of it. The big plus was that he made contact with an owner of one of the local bridal shops and gets referrals from her quite often.

But did he have to supply a speaker system?

• Members

Wow really? Man do people really do these gigs? What kind of production do they get?

LOOKING FOR A QUALITY SOUND SYSTEM TO RENT FROM 2PM UNTIL 10PM ~ SATURDAY, MAY 12, 2012

(DJ OR KARAOKE SERVICE WILL BE ACCEPTABLE, HOWEVER WE ARE LOOKING FOR QUALITY SOUND SYSTEMS WITH COMPRESSION, VOICE ENHANCER OR ECHO CONTROL)

REQUIRED FOR A COMMUNITY CONCERT SHOW, SPEAKERS FOR A 900 CAPACITY AUDIENCE IN AN AUDITORIUM VENUE, 4 TO 5 CORDLESS MICROPHONES.

WE ARE CONSIDERED AS A COMMUNITY NON PROFIT EVENT, THE SHOW IS FOR "MOTHER'S DAY CELEBRATION", WE ARE A SMALL BUDGET PRODUCTION & CAN ONLY AFFORD TO RENT UP TO $300 DOLLARS OR BEST OFFER, ALSO IN EXCHANGE TO YOUR GREAT SERVICE, WE WILL ALLOW YOU TO DISTRIBUTE FLYERS & PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS TO OUR SPECTATORS, WE WILL ALSO ANNOUNCE YOUR COMPANY DURING THE EVENT. WE ARE ONLY SEEKING SERIOUS, NON FLAKEY, PROFESSIONAL PEOPLE ONLY.

ALSO, WE ARE SEEKING TO RENT A "FOLLOW SPOTLIGHT".

PLS REPLY ASAP.

it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Compensation: 300.00

• Members

Wow really? Man do people really do these gigs? What kind of production do they get?

LOOKING FOR A QUALITY SOUND SYSTEM TO RENT FROM 2PM UNTIL 10PM ~ SATURDAY, MAY 12, 2012

(DJ OR KARAOKE SERVICE WILL BE ACCEPTABLE, HOWEVER WE ARE LOOKING FOR QUALITY SOUND SYSTEMS WITH COMPRESSION, VOICE ENHANCER OR ECHO CONTROL)

REQUIRED FOR A COMMUNITY CONCERT SHOW, SPEAKERS FOR A 900 CAPACITY AUDIENCE IN AN AUDITORIUM VENUE, 4 TO 5 CORDLESS MICROPHONES.

WE ARE CONSIDERED AS A COMMUNITY NON PROFIT EVENT, THE SHOW IS FOR "MOTHER'S DAY CELEBRATION", WE ARE A SMALL BUDGET PRODUCTION & CAN ONLY AFFORD TO RENT UP TO $300 DOLLARS OR BEST OFFER, ALSO IN EXCHANGE TO YOUR GREAT SERVICE, WE WILL ALLOW YOU TO DISTRIBUTE FLYERS & PROMOTE YOUR BUSINESS TO OUR SPECTATORS, WE WILL ALSO ANNOUNCE YOUR COMPANY DURING THE EVENT. WE ARE ONLY SEEKING SERIOUS, NON FLAKEY, PROFESSIONAL PEOPLE ONLY.

ALSO, WE ARE SEEKING TO RENT A "FOLLOW SPOTLIGHT".

PLS REPLY ASAP.

it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Compensation: 300.00

Wow, they want a full band system with 4 to 5 wireless mics? Ok sure a 20 K system to rent for 300.00 so people can sing off key with compression and voice enhancement (this will surely bring them on key right?) haha OH and look 2 PM to 10 PM, so 8 hour gig...... I'd say that would be a MINIMUM of 800.00, 100 an hour to deal with obnoxious off key people.

• Members

I would pay the $30 just to see their faces when I put on a whole day of Merzbow and Wesley WIllis. If you don't know, go to youtube and find out

No doubt I'd pay $30 to set up my rig and play this gem at full volume over and over until I was thrown out:

[video=youtube;HPftjJlqDdQ]

Archived