Running double amps

• Members

Recently purchased a new Fender HotRod III to replace my dying Performer1000. Didnt care for the sound (a little sharp edged) and replaced the speaker with an offering from WGS that gave me a better tone. THEN.................had about a thousand guitars laying around and decided to take a few down to GC to trade in for something else I don't need. Walked out with a new Vox AC15 1c, some cash and drove home. Tonight I've been A-B comparing the two through a Morley A-B-Y pedal when I made the mistake of turning both on together. OH CRAP, that is some tone !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm thinking about using both as a standard set-up whenever room allows (which is most the time) So gentlemen (or ladies) what landmine am I about to walk into?

• Members

I do that. Used to have a Fender HRD and I loved its cleans. Paired it with an old Musicman 65 watt 2x10 combo I own that has a great dirty tone. I use an old Boss ME50 with a a stereo out to feed both. a couple of years a go I traded in the HRD and picked up a Blues Jr. For most gigs I just use that, but when in a big room with a decent sized space to set up I bring both and just love the tone of both amps combined.

• Members
I do that. Used to have a Fender HRD and I loved its cleans. Paired it with an old Musicman 65 watt 2x10 combo I own that has a great dirty tone. I use an old Boss ME50 with a a stereo out to feed both. a couple of years a go I traded in the HRD and picked up a Blues Jr. For most gigs I just use that, but when in a big room with a decent sized space to set up I bring both and just love the tone of both amps combined.

I too am using an ME50

Archived