hardware racks

• Members

What are you using? i'd love to see pics. Does it work for you, ergonomically?

I have a single 24U (approx) metal rack. I hate having to bend down to reach the stuff at the bottom. (1st world problems... i know).

thinking about a couple of units like this

lowboy-oak-rack.jpg

I'd place them to the side of me, so i can just swing my chair around and everything is at easy reach for twisting knobs. They're on wheels, so nice and easy to pull them closer and push them back.

One of them is - it's directly under the mixer. I also added dual three-space racks on top of and to the rear of the desk (with a blank section in between them where my computer monitor is) to form a "meter bridge" of sorts, except it's more of a platform for my monitors than an actual meter bridge. I have patch bays and preamps mounted in those six spaces - stuff I have to access frequently. I also have two other racks that are about the same height as each other, and of different construction - one 9 space carpet covered wood rack, and one 12 space polyethylene rack - those are mainly for other gear that rarely gets adjusted - my Pro Tools HD interfaces and Sync I/O, outboard effects processors, etc. They're standard type "front facing" racks, and not top loaders like the one you pictured... and that design that you're considering is far better IMO if you need to adjust the settings of what is mounted in them a lot.

• Members

I put up some shelf rails in my kid's room years ago, and when I drug all my stuff out of the closet I took some of the leftover rails and shot sheet metal screws through the ears on my rack effects. Total Hillbilly. Total cost? My time. Class factor...well....Thank God I work alone.

• Members
I put up some shelf rails in my kid's room years ago, and when I drug all my stuff out of the closet I took some of the leftover rails and shot sheet metal screws through the ears on my rack effects. Total Hillbilly. Total cost? My time. Class factor...well....Thank God I work alone.

hey... if it works

if i wasn't after slanted face up racks, i would just build them out of ikea night stands

sF9rdTjUFOc

Archived