FS: P08, Mobius, 01W, PX5S, EHX DMM, Pigtronix Infinity, TR Rack, UM-550

• Members

All items are located in Madison, WI. Buyer to pay shipping cost plus 3% Paypal fee. I do a lot of shipping of fragile equipment for my day job, so you can rest assured that I'll pack your purchase very well and that I'll find you the best shipping price. I'd prefer to ship to USA and Canada only. I'll consider shipping worldwide on a case-by-case basis.

PM me if you want to see photos of any item.

Casio Privia PX-5S

$690

Casio Privia PX-5S keyboard and MIDI controller in mint condition. Hardly played. Used only in my smoke-free home. Includes power supply and original box and packing materials.

This keyboard is unique at this price point for having a velocity sensitive hammer-action keyboard that's graded (lighter weight for high notes, heavier weight for low notes), plus fantastic acoustic and electric piano sounds. Velocity sensitivity is excellent and playable across a very wide range. Check reviews online and you'll find that it's almost universally praised as being the best bang for the buck. It's surprisingly lightweight. But at the same time it feels robust and solid when playing.

The only reason I'm getting rid of it is that I need a master 88 key controller that has aftertouch.

Korg 01W Pro X

$400

Korg 01W Pro X keyboard synth with original manual, power cord and factory floppy disk. I've used this in my smoke-free home since buying it new in 1993. It's never been gigged and is in very good condition. It has 88 fully weighted piano-style keys.

Even today this synth holds up well. I find its strings and pads to be particularly good. Bell sounds are exceptional. Organs are also a strong point. There's a good selection of pianos and EP.

This version of the 01W contains expanded piano samples that are much, much better than the ones on the standard 01W models. They're the same samples as in the expensive and hard to find XSC-803 (Piano Keyboard) PCM Data card.

The LCD screen backlight is very dim. A replacement kit (including instructions) can be purchased online. Other than that this keyboard is in excellent shape.

Local sale only.

Korg 01W Ethnic PCM Card (XSC-6S)

$65

This Korg 01W Ethnic PCM Card (XSC-6S) contains ethnic sounds not in internal memory such as traditional Japanese instruments. There is a wide range of ethnic instruments; for example, Shakuhachi, Koto, Taiko, Tsutsumi, Sitar and Santur. In particular, the sounds of Sitar and Santur are excellent. The drum kits also contain unique ethnic sounds.

The sitar sound on this card is seriously great. I haven't found an equal to it in either hardware or software. I'm getting rid of my 01W and this is going to be the one sound that I won't be able to replace.

This sale includes both the PCM waveform and ROM cards.

Korg 01W GreatSounds Program Disks

$15

Korg 01W GreatSounds Program Disks. This set contains several disks. I'll update this ad later when I have a chance to open the box and count the disks.

Korg TR Rack

[sOLD] (was $180)

The Korg TR Rack is a rack mount version of the Korg Trinity. It's surprising how good the acoustic pianos are on this thing. Yes, it's from the late 90s, but its acoustic pianos are very, very solid. Lots of good EPs too. If you're reading this ad you probably already know that this is great for pads.

As a point of comparison, I bought this to replace a Korg 01W that I'm selling. I was shocked at how much better sounding the TR Rack is when compared to the 01W. I didn't realize the technology and programming had advanced so much in just a few years.

It's in cosmetically very good condition except for a single scratch on the display panel.

DSI Prophet 08 PE

[sOLD] (was $1175)

This DSI Prophet 08 PE is an 8 voice analog synth in excellent condition. I upgraded it to the Potentiometer Edition (PE) a couple of years ago. It sounds great and works great. This is a bargain and is the least expensive fully-featured analog polysynth you can find. It's bi-timbral, meaning you can layer two sounds on top of each other. This leads to added complexity and texture. In fact, layering two nearly identical sounds is one of my favorite programming tricks on the P08. You can get lush, complex sounds by detuning the oscillators slightly between the layers, or maybe offsetting one layer by an octave.

Includes all original packing materials and box, plus the original owner's manual and power supply. I have the original encoder knobs and encoder PCBs and I'll include them in the sale for free. Also included are my custom programs which have been painstakingly compiled, tweaked, organized, and adjusted.

IMG_3561_zps7dzatccz.jpg

IMG_3559_zpsthsocqoc.jpg

IMG_3557_zpsruxljfv3.jpg

Pigtronix Infinity Looper Pedal

[sOLD] (was $295)

This pedal is in near mint condition. It's been used exclusively in my smoke-free home and has never been gigged. It's only seen very light use. Pigtronix continues to support this excellent pedal. A new firmware version was released a few months ago and you can download it from the Pigtronix site if you feel like taking advantage of the extra features it adds.

Includes the pedal + power supply + manual + original box and all materials.

Pigronix Infinity Remote Switch

[sOLD] (was $30)

Why pay $50 for a new switch? This is the exact same thing and it's in pristine condition. I've used it in my smoke-free home and have used it as a hand switch rather than a foot switch. Includes a short patch cable to connect to the Infinity looper pedal.

Edirol UM-550

[sOLD] (was $75)

This is indispensible for use in a studio or setup that isn't tied to a computer. I have no idea why these aren't made anymore. The only reason I'm selling this is because I'm currently using its big brother, the UM-880.

FR Mobius Rackmount MIDI/CV Sequencer

$440

This FR Mobius Rackmount MIDI/CV Sequencer is in excellent condition. Works great and looks great. Includes power cordand hardcopy of owner's manual. I have a couple of spare pushbutton switch covers that I'll throw in if I can find them.

IMG_2225_zps0c8ec191.jpg

IMG_2226_zps866317f9.jpg

IMG_2230_zps8f6f35e1.jpg

Vintage EHX Deluxe Memory Man Delay Pedal

[sOLD] (was $325)

This Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man is an old classic analog BBD delay pedal. I took a peek inside and it uses two of the highly-desired MN3005 chips. Works perfectly. No scratchiness in any of the knobs. This is the ultimate in vintage, warm, wooly delays.

A unique thing about this pedal is the power of its feedback circuit. Crank it to 100% and it will continue to build up louder and louder until it howls so violently you think your speakers are going to explode. It's a great way to end a song or jam.

Exterior has lots of scratches. It's been thoroughly cleaned. I'm a bit of a neat freak when it comes to music gear, but I really like the aged look of this pedal. It's like an old faded pair of jeans with frayed edges.

IMG_2221_zpsae59187e.jpg

IMG_2259_zps832f9e7b.jpg

IMG_2261_zps52522159.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived