2 way or 3 way ?

• Members

Hi all again. I have a good system 4 jbl srx 718 subs and 2 715 tops. dbx cross over. peavey 4080 and two qsc pl230 amps. Would like to try a three way system but would have to buy a driverack or similar, and an amp to run the tops, i do have a pv 2600 and a gps 3400 but i'm quessing to big. Is it worth the extra

• Members
Hi all again. I have a good system 4 jbl srx 718 subs and 2 715 tops. dbx cross over. peavey 4080 and two qsc pl230 amps. Would like to try a three way system but would have to buy a driverack or similar, and an amp to run the tops, i do have a pv 2600 and a gps 3400 but i'm quessing to big. Is it worth the extra

• Members

Ummm, you HAVE a three way sysem already.

Would you like to try tri-amping it?

The difference on the SRX series is pretty small since the passive crossovers in the 715's are pretty substantial and well engineered. IME, you gain maybe a dB of net maximum SPL and little improvement in overall "sound quality" (assuming you saet up your triamp crossover processing well. The SRX is one of the best pasive crossovers on the market IMO.

• Members

Ummm, you HAVE a three way sysem already.

Would you like to try tri-amping it?

The difference on the SRX series is pretty small since the passive crossovers in the 715's are pretty substantial and well engineered. IME, you gain maybe a dB of net maximum SPL and
little
improvement in overall "sound quality" (assuming you saet up your triamp crossover processing well. The SRX is one of the best pasive crossovers on the market IMO.

Yes sorry Triamp i should of said.

Archived