FS- E-Mu Ultra Proteus, Korg Wavestation SR, modded Poly-800, Venom

• Members

Added a couple of items:

E-Mu Ultra Proteus $200 + shipping

I have to thin the herd a bit and have two of these beauties from when I had an identical practice rig and home rig. I only really need one, so this one is up for sale. It is in good condition, has minor rack rash, but otherwise all the parts are present and in excellent working condition. No manual, but I can provide a PDF version if the buyer cannot find one online. It's been in smoke-free environments since I owned it. Comes with power cord.

For anyone who wants a Morpheus, the Ultra Proteus is essentially a Morpheus with a different, larger sample set (Proteus 1, 2 & 3 samples) and more filter models.

Korg Wavestation $200 + shipping

As with the Ultra Proteus, I have two of these beasts from when I had an identical practice rig and home rig. I only really need one, so this one is up for sale. It is in good condition, has minor rack rash, but otherwise all the parts are present and in excellent working condition. No manual, but I can provide a PDF version if the buyer cannot find one online. It's been in smoke-free environments since I owned it.

Roland S-10 Sampler $100 + shipping

Anyone interested in a vintage sampler with 4 seconds of memory that is built like a tank need not look any further. I have the manual, power cord and a box of discs.

Korg Poly 800 with "Moog slayer" mod $250 + shipping

This baby has been used and shows it. It no longer uses batteries, having been modded to now accept a + pin rather than - pin 9V adapter (included). However, it is the mod that makes it worth consideration.

Three knobs have been added - Frequency, Resonance, and Noise, and when they are brought to bear you might actually think you were hearing an old Moog (not a Mini, but something with only two oscillators). There is a warning I've found when doing research on that mod that says to always be careful with your speakers when tweaking the mod knobs, as the sound gets extremely fat, and it is very true.

M-Audio Venom $200 + shipping

Barely used M-Audio Venom, purchased because Mark Mothersbaugh said that we would be hearing these all over the place. It's a cool synth with some strange but useful abilities, like importing MIDI files previously created on a sequencer or DAW to use as phrases. A personal quirk is that I prefer to work directly on a unit, rather than use editor software (even if it means using a tiny window to do it), so not being able to edit directly on the unit is a drawback for me.

I will entertain trades, but would prefer to sell. All prices are USD.

email me at montagmusic AT gmail DOT com if interested.

Archived