Bring The Rain

• Members

Really love this - definitely not something I could write.

A couple things. I’d love to hear where you resolve back to the Am (right?) on the last word (“flood”) of the stanza versus the unresolved G chord, might tie things up better, might not, just an idea.

Lyricaly I love this, but only have a problem leaning so hard into the word “change”…feels like a major tell vs show…isn’t this whole thing kind of about change? Then I wouldn’t come out and say it like that.

My take, hope it helps.

I actually have a CD of Mick Fleetwood drum loops. Nice playing, horribly organized. I’m travelling for the next week, but could listen to see if any would work and I could comp together a drum part. Most are pretty straightforward, so don’t hold your breadth. On another note, I saw him get on a plane once – the dude is a giant.

• Members
A couple things. I’d love to hear where you resolve back to the Am (right?) on the last word (“flood”) of the stanza versus the unresolved G chord, might tie things up better, might not, just an idea.

Lyricaly I love this, but only have a problem leaning so hard into the word “change”…feels like a major tell vs show…isn’t this whole thing kind of about change? Then I wouldn’t come out and say it like that.

I'll play that Am in today and see how it sounds as I like the idea.

And.....yes, the use of the word "change" feels over done to me as well......sometimes I still finding myself taking the easy way out lyrically.

Thanks for your very specific insights,

Archived