Problem with IPR 3000

• Members

I have 2. One I bought used and it's never had a problem. The 2nd one I bought about a month ago from GC and this is it's 2nd gig and it's 2nd failure. The first night, it shut down in the middle of a set and it was probably my fault. First off, let me tell you that I'm a guitar player and I mix from onstage, so after soundcheck, I kind of forget about running sound. I have 2 amp racks on stage and although I set up the SR rack so I could see it, I didn't know what I was looking at. First off, the thing glows blue like a gaming PC, the active lights are green, the one signal light is blue, the DDT light is orange, there's a yellow one and a red one too. But all this stuff gets lost in the moment and the stage lights.

I have 2 of these powering subs on either side of the stage, so they were both getting the same signal out of a Driverack and I'm running both channels on the amps into 4 ohm SR4718x subs, one sub per channel.

After the amp shut down, I unplugged everything from it, even the power cable and tried to reboot it..nothing. I mean it started the power up sequence, but the green channel active LED's didn't kick on. I let it sit a while longer and then it came back up and worked fine for the rest of the night. I thought that I might have overheated it and it needed to cool off.

Well, last night when I was setting up, it wouldn't even boot up cold. Same symptoms. so we limped along with one sub on that side that I powered with half of a PLX-3602. After the first set, I tried it again and it powered up just fine.

There's obviously something wrong with this amp and I've read over on PSW forums that they had a bad run in the early manufacturing of these where there was a ground problem and they didn't like to be racked with other amps.

Has anybody here had any similar experience with these amps?

• Members

Give Peaver a call, they will take care of you. The PLX-3602 is a good and reliable choice for a sub amp too, if you have more, just be sure when you mix with say an IPR that the absolute polarity is the same. Some amps, especially class D will invert one channel so depending on how you are routing signal it's one thingto watch out for whenever combining different amps.

Archived