A&H Mixwizards - Parametric EQ on monitors

• Members

I have:

Allen & Heath GL2400-24

Allen & Heath MixWizard3 16-2

Allen & Heath MixWizard3 12-2

I run JBL PRX612m & 615M monitors. I would like to get some parametric EQ on the monitors.

Could I

Scenario 1

1. Feed the aux out (monitor feed) on mixer 1 to a channel input on mixer 2, then feed the monitor with the channel direct output on mixer 2? The purpose would be to gain parametric equalization on that monitor feed.

a. Would I need to change the internal jumper on mixer 2 channel direct output to post fader - or leave it on pre-fader?

b. Would the monitor volume be controlled by the aux master on mixer 1 or the channel fader on mixer 2, or would both effect it?

If the above would work, could I

Scenario 2

1. Feed the aux out (monitor feed) on mixer 1 to a channel input on mixer 1, then feed the monitor with the direct output?

a. If I "mute" the channel to prevent feeding that channel to the main mix, would I still get output from the direct out?

Scenario 2 would be nice when I don't need all the channels on one mixer to feed the house and have enough left over to eq the monitors.

I hope this is not too confusing and I am the first to admit that I don't know much - still trying to learn!

Thanks in advance!

Scott

• Members

I have:

Allen & Heath GL2400-24

Allen & Heath MixWizard3 16-2

Allen & Heath MixWizard3 12-2

I run JBL PRX612m & 615M monitors. I would like to get some parametric EQ on the monitors.

I hope this is not too confusing and I am the first to admit that I don't know much - still trying to learn!

Thanks in advance!

Scott

I want to check something. You have all that gear but don't have GEQ's or PEQ's?

In any event, I agree with Dan. I would personally be inclined to get the right tool for the job. If you're really only running one or two mixes, why not just pick up a DBX dual 31 band GEQ http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/dbx-231-dual-31-band-graphic-eq. That should be plenty for those monitors. If you've got that level of gear you might as well do it right IMO.

Archived