EZDrummer MIDI Packs

• Members

Hello Everyone,

I purchased EZDrummer 2 with some expansion packs. I have been reading about the MIDI packs that have styles from different drummers. Has anyone used any of the MIDI packs? What were your results. I am not a drummer but would like something a little more then the samples that come with EZDrummer. Are there other sites that have pre-built drum tracks.

Thanks.

Yeah, me too.

I've reviewed some of Toontrack's products (such as EZKeys Mellotoon), but not EZDrummer 2. I'd definitely be interested in hearing what people think of it.

As far as other sites, there are lots of places where you can get preprogrammed MIDI drum tracks - some that will cost you, and even a lot of free ones. Quality tends to vary quite a bit - see if they have samples you can download and check out or a player that you can listen to before deciding to buy. You can use the link above to start looking, or do a Google search for "MIDI drum patterns."

• Members

I use the original EZ Drummer. Although I haven't upgraded to EZD2 (yet) I have used MIDI packs with EZD. They are inexpensive and useful, particularly because they are available in a wide variety of styles. It appears as if EZD-2 lets you modify the patterns fairly easily and creatively as well. I actually tend to use EZD patterns remapped to Addictive Drums kits because I like the drum sounds and the sound editing capabilities in Addictive Drums better, but I like the EZ Drummer drum tracks a lot better - at least for what I'm doing.

Archived